Dish to unveil 4k?

UN40HU6950FXZA 40" UHD 4K Smart LED TV (Black Friday Special) November 2014.

If you look at today's Samsung offerings, there is a base model similar to mine and a higher priced model that actually comes with the Evolution box.
Don't confuse the One Connect Mini boxes with the One Connect boxes. Would you confuse a Hopper with a Joey?

There was no 3D fail for the big four. Only ESPN swallowed the hook.

Sound familiar?
For the whole post:
http://qz.com/238625/the-five-ways-tv-has-changed-forever/

It appears CBS is throwing the idea around, but at this time, I'll wait for more press release. Can they do this again after the 3D fail? Disney has room to mess around.
. Disney had a big fail with ESPN, and CBS threw around the idea, but never pulled the trigger, back in 2011. Discovery and ESPN are the only two big names that bought in to 3D that I can find. As posted, Disney can afford to mess up every now and again, as long as they can hit a home run next time. Even the fail was good for them, because it kept ESPN fresh. If they do the same with 4K it will be good for them. Business is not about getting it right every time, just maximizing on every time they can get it right.

Reactions: Tampa8
Don't confuse the One Connect Mini boxes with the One Connect boxes. Would you confuse a Hopper with a Joey?

I was answering the question about my TV. There is a 2015 Black Friday 40" 4k out there for $449 with the mini. The full One Connect model is $599, well worth the extra $150. I bought an sek3500 for my 2014 TV for a great price of $274.

So let me get this straight... I have two hoppers but don't need any other TV's just these two. To get 4K I need to get a 4K joey which I'm sure they will charge me but IMO they need to push out new firmware for the hoppers to provide it too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So let me get this straight... I have two hoppers but don't need any other TV's just these two. To get 4K I need to get a 4K joey which I'm sure they will charge me but IMO they need to push out new firmware for the hoppers to provide it too.
I hear ya. Several of us feel the same as you. I hope DISH comes out with a Super 4K Hopper sometime.

Reactions: Troch77
Comcast is coming out with their 4K box in January. (I know someone who is testing it)

Just came back from my son's house he has Comcast,on his cable box he can choose the normal settings that both Dish& DirecTV boxes have,then he can also select a 1080p30 or 1080p60 resolution also on his cable box,

The 1080p setting on his Sony 4K UHDTV looks nothing less than awesome.Comcast is definitely ahead of both satellite providers when it comes to resolution setting you can choose from,then Comcast's On Demand is a huge selection.

And his internet speed makes my AT&T DSL look like two cans with a string between them.

Just came back from my son's house he has Comcast,on his cable box he can choose the normal settings that both Dish& DirecTV boxes have,then he can also select a 1080p30 or 1080p60 resolution also on his cable box,

The 1080p setting on his Sony 4K UHDTV looks nothing less than awesome.Comcast is definitely ahead of both satellite providers when it comes to resolution setting you can choose from,then Comcast's On Demand is a huge selection.

And his internet speed makes my AT&T DSL look like two cans with a string between them.
Don't count either satellite company out just yet. CES is right around the corner. Dish innovates while DTV finds a way to profit off of. I'm still curious as to the next big leap.

What if you only have 1 room of service and want 4K?
Dish knows what the MAJORITY of their customers are best covered with. Customers with a single 4K TV are no doubt very rare. They will not, and should not, build hardware for those fringe groups. This is why (3) tuners in the Hopper is fine - for the majority. This is why 4K hardware isn't in the Hopper. They are using add-on hardware to accommodate those few that need it (4K, added tuners, etc).

i think dish will put out a hopper 4k at CES we wont know anything until then.give it some time you guys i am too wondering if dish will have enough room for more 4k channels someone told me in the directv forum that there is room for 50 UHD channels there are only a handful out there right now there could be alot more coming at CES.

I don't quite see channels being announced for 4K at CES. It is more for technological advances, not service advances.

Dish vs DirecTV vs Suddenlink

Recording back to back shows on hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)