Dish to unveil 4k?

who knows what will happen at CES scott said everytihing with the tv industy will be showing all the new boxes and what i will say give it some time for 4k to catch on scott said there are just of handful of 4k channels right now who knows what will happen in the future.
CES is all about new equipment so that's not a breathtaking prediction. UHD is no longer so much about new hardware as much as it is about being in a holding pattern for mainstream UHD content. While we should see a wave of UHD delivery mechanisms coming out of CES, it is by no means a guarantee of a tsunami of UHD channels.

Repeatedly dropping Scott's name isn't going to magically rush availability of UHD content, programming or channels.

In the future, if you're going to drop someone's given name (handles are a different story), please show a bare minimum of respect and capitalize it.

Um, aren't we still waiting for AHC to be added in HD?!?!?!?! I'm sure there are others but that's the one I want. Or are they going to skip and go straight to UHD? Seems they should finish with HD before getting started on UHD.

Um, aren't we still waiting for AHC to be added in HD?!?!?!?! I'm sure there are others but that's the one I want. Or are they going to skip and go straight to UHD? Seems they should finish with HD before getting started on UHD.
i have to agree on that pont right there i woluld say gett all the channels added in hd before woring about UHD.

That is a topic for another thread (that already exists, BTW).

Then you must have had a Crappy 1080p tv.
You can't pull details out of thin air when they don't exist.

Upconverted content is taking a smaller picture it stretching it to fit a bigger one.
And then you see more details of a stretched picture beyond its native resolution is not better PQ.
In fact you see things you shouldn't see.
It's not rocket science.
If it was you wouldn't be able to buy it for $348 at Walmart.

Now some of you guys got me wondering If you even know what good HD is.

Sounds to me you think stretch o vision, grainy picture, over contrasting, over Sharpness and bright color is good HD.

And taking 540 or 720 depending on your tv, and stretching it to fit 1920 is the same as taking 1920 and stretching it to 3800.
It's taking something that's not there and spreading it over a larger area.

Acually in fact Dish's HD is 1440x1080 and now your stretching that to over 3800.
Yikes.
Only the 720p content is full res...

You obviously don't have a 4k set and therefore don't know what you are talking about. My 1080 set is a premium set, moved upstairs. Upconverting algorithms work, even the SD picture is now watchable. Your loss!

You obviously don't have a 4k set and therefore don't know what you are talking about. My 1080 set is a premium set, moved upstairs. Upconverting algorithms work, even the SD picture is now watchable. Your loss!
Yes them 4K tvs turned your SD Picture into a watchable HD wonder.
Wow!
Again my SD is watchable without a 4K upconvert.
And my SD PQ is most definitely better then yours on my 1080p set.

But congratulations on watching SD on your 4K tv.
Which is exactly the reason people shouldn't waste their money and spend more then what the 1080p version would cost them.

Here maybe you should read this , but I'm sure you won't because it makes logical sense.

http://www.cnet.com/news/can-4k-tvs-make-1080p-look-better/

bd31c8eecd38eb4c0abeff8d36275367.jpg

By that argument, we should be swimming in 3D content. I say poppycock to your vision for several years at least.

If they launch a few dozen popular channels then that in my book would be a lot of channels if it has good content. They could offer it over the wet top boxes internet connection until they make it available via satellite. There will be a lot of channels/content on the iptv boxes. Dish Sling iptv service could launch several channels in 4K.

To be honest, with NBC already putting shows out on 4K, I am guessing they will be the ones to break the ice on a channel. Anyone want to take bets?

To be honest, with NBC already putting shows out on 4K, I am guessing they will be the ones to break the ice on a channel.
Is third-rate TV shows going to be enough or are they really just looking ahead to the UHD Blu-ray market?

I'll wager that until they can broadcast it OTA, it won't be what anyone expects from a linear channel.

They have some of their prime stuff there. The one that I always remember is Chicago Fire, because I love that show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)