DISH to work with the Google Assistant

No, the same problem was reported elsewhere. I am sure Dish is aware of this and working on it.
Could you share where it has been reported? I've been searching for something about it for the last couple of days, but found nothing. I would really appreciate knowing what that source is, for future reference.

Could you share where it has been reported? I've been searching for something about it for the last couple of days, but found nothing. I would really appreciate knowing what that source is, for future reference.
Sorry, right now I can't say where I saw it. Unfortunately, Google is useless for finding information on this issue.

Sorry, right now I can't say where I saw it. Unfortunately, Google is useless for finding information on this issue.

Thanks. What I'm really going for here is to hear from any other users in this community that they are, or aren't experiencing this problem, that Google Voice Assistant on Dish errors when given a command to switch to a channel number. I want to be able to isolate whether I may have a localized problem, or if it is systemic, and acknowledged by Dish.

It also happened when Alexa was first activated with the Hopper, couldn't get mine to work with anything but call letters at first (rather than channel numbers). Was fixed after a week or two so just need to give it more time. Google seems erratic on channel numbers for me too, it's not just you.

Reactions: pattykay and vicw
Alexa is suposed to work on Dish and my TiVo, but every time I say TiVo, Alexa hears TV and responds " Do you want me to change channels on Dish? I do not think that Alexa works on either very good. The phone app and the TiVo both show that they are linked, but no response from Alexa on TiVo and the Dish/Alexa works half a**.

Ya I have 6 Wallys and it really cant differentiate yet. Anybody figure out how to choose a default?

Not sure if you are talking Google, but if so, you should be able to open the Home app and assign unique Nicknames to each of them. I have 2 Joeys, and I just nicknamed them Joey 1 and Joey 2. You can also assign rooms to each of them in the Home app, too. Google is reported to be releasing room aware commands so that you can just ask for for the device in the room that the Google Mini or Home is in, and it will only act on that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)