Dish Upgrade- Question

bluereef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
With Express moving TP around, changing Sat's ect, my signals have dropped in transverse order that were high before on the TP's that were moved are now low. I'm using a 24 inch dish for 82, just curious if I go to a 30" dish, will this help my situation. My signals that were in the high 90's are now in the high 60's, and those that were in the high 60's are now in the high 90's?

in some areas not even a C-band dish would help. The footprint for the crapelites doesn't go to Cali, AZ, NM, etc so you're sol there

Hi Iceberg,

I'm in Los Angeles, with a Dish 500. I am thinking to buy a bigger dish, such as 90cm dish trying to regain the lost TPs on 82 that are lost since Friday night.

Are you 100% sure that bigger dish won't help in Los Angeles?

Is Star Choice my only alternative then?

Thanks for help in advance...

I recently gave up on BEV and went with SC because of the weak signal issue here in Phoenix. I had a 90cm dish for BEV 82 and got a strong signal on the usable transponders and no measurable signal on the unusable ones. I don't think a bigger dish will help in southern California.

Hi Al K,

Thanks for your info...

Are you getting a signal on 91 (stating Wrong Satellite) when you are at TP1 on 82?

Thanks

Well my upgrade is complete, went from a Dish 500 on 91 to a Wingard 30" and from a Winegard 24" to a Winegard 30" on 82.

On 91, the signals strengths are now all in the 98-100 range, with 2 TP still lingering at 75% .

On 82, there was about a 15 % increase, the majority are in the mid 80's now, but nothing on TP 15. Saw that there are alot of comments on TP1, it's coming in for me at 85%. I'm in Central Florida. TP 15 is the only TP on 82 that I'm not getting or should I say that no signal strength is showing up. But then again there may be nothing on it right now. Don't know. For me the upgrade was worth it.

Anyone Have StarChoice Working In Cleveland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)