Dish ViP 622/722 L447 Software Release Notes

I have two 622's. One has the L447 updated software. The other still has the L445 software.

I think the real reason they released it last night was because I finally called and complained about it yesterday afternoon. :D

Got through to a level 3 tech who said a fix was in the works.

I have a 722 and the sound was dropping out at times. I called Dish & asked the rep if this was happening to others who have the 722 and he said no. I got Dish to swap it out for another 722. NO more dropouts. Now I see the posts on the software updates. Oh well, I didn't have anything that was so important on the HD. At least the problem is solved. I'm happy & I really like the 722. It's a real workhouse and I am very impressed with it.

Now I am kicking myself for deleting that Bionic Woman episode that recorded with no audio. One report in another thread said that audio reappeared on a recording that had previously not had any before the L447 update.

The Bionic woman episodes repeat 1-2 times a week. Check your guide. I watch her also & she'll be back on next week at a new time- 1 hr. later than before.

L447 brought back the sound on the OTA channels in stereo but not the 5.1 optical so it must have bee a quick fix. We never had a problem with our 622 but did with the 722, especially CBS in Boston.

I have a 5.1 system & it's working fine after the L447 fix.

The Bionic woman episodes repeat 1-2 times a week. Check your guide. I watch her also & she'll be back on next week at a new time- 1 hr. later than before.
Likely that is just the Daylight Savings Time change. Dish programs after Sunday 3AM(?) appear as one hour later but after the shift will be correct. Past experience says that any new recordings set up now will work and the times will be adjusted--but then again.
-Ken

Likely that is just the Daylight Savings Time change. Dish programs after Sunday 3AM(?) appear as one hour later but after the shift will be correct. Past experience says that any new recordings set up now will work and the times will be adjusted--but then again.
-Ken

I looked @ the guide & it says 10 PM for 11/7. It appears they moved her from 9 PM to 10 PM. I could be mistaken, but I will be sure to have the DVR ready @ 9 PM next week. How do you like the show? Do you per chance watch Smallville?

Now let's keep complaining about the no free dishonline content!

Scott this is something you should talk about in your column. Cable does it so why don't they. Also, they need to offer more content in HD. This is the only advantage cable has on Dish and it would make the playing field level.

Scott this is something you should talk about in your column. Cable does it so why don't they. Also, they need to offer more content in HD. This is the only advantage cable has on Dish and it would make the playing field level.

I had C-cast for a short time. More than 1/2 the time their on demand either didn't work at all or the picture would freeze & the sound dropped out. They don't even broadcast in 5.1 Dolby Digital! My powerful surround system sounded wimpy with cable. With Dish it's like being in the theatre. Also, the free on demand stuff was mostly garbage that I never heard of nor would want to watch. On another note: HBO fixed it so you can't record their O.D. movies with a HDMI cable. Talk about a cheap, sleezy pay channel. I remember when HBO was the 1st movie ch. to scramble their signal on my C-Band years ago. I hope when Dish puts up O.D. it's a lot better than cable's.

It seems they are rolling 447 out to a larger audience. St. Louis area here and just recieved my update while watching a DVD on Prime time Friday Night! Now I guess I am going to have to hook up my internet connection just so I can check out another neat feature Dish has that I will never use.

Finally got 447. I bit disappointed though.... the 24 hour "rental" period should be more like 3 days.

The good news is the rental doesn't start when you download it, only when you go to view it.

Don't know that I would ever download a SD movie, and I don't have a 722.

I hate the stupid popup which occurs immediately when you select a function other that SAT on the remote. It just showed up for me with 4.47 (I never got 4.46). How do we get Dish to get rid of it? Sooooo annoying. :(

I hate the stupid popup which occurs immediately when you select a function other that SAT on the remote. It just showed up for me with 4.47 (I never got 4.46). How do we get Dish to get rid of it? Sooooo annoying. :(

They said last night on the tech chat , that they are working on software that will allow you to turn off this annoying feature via a menu option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts