Dish vs Coolsat case

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its all good. Dish Network has tried this a few times against FTA manufacturers.

I remember they were going to go after Pansat and get the list of everyone who bought their receivers. That didnt go very far :)

My theory is simple when it comes to FTA.....I'm legal. Been legal for almost 6 years now. I have nothing to hide :)

Coolsat 8000 HD

I have an option to buy a 8000 HD from a local person for 150.00 is it worth it to me to buy it? I also bought a 4000 for like 30 bucks. Since I am new to this I thought these would be a good starting point to get used to FTA without spending a ton of money. Is this correct thinking or should I look at buying something other than the 8000 HD. I have already bought the 4000 so guess I could be out a little cash on that one? :confused:

Thanks any other thoughts welcome and another after thought lol

Good I was starting to wonder. Guess I should have come back and read some more here before jumping in on all this. Oh well some lessons are best learned the hard way lol.

I will probably go ahead and plan on buying the CS8000 then. Probably does have hacker ware on it but surely I can find the legit files for it.

:D

I also have a person giving me a dish it is an elliptical I think. with some sort of LNB on it I have never seen. They used to own a store that had lottery sales in it. This dish was part of that setup and they just want it gone. You suppose this dish and LNB are worth taking home? All I have at the moment is a dish 500 that i have cut all the cables to. It was part of the house when we bought it. I do have a place where I can buy a new dish from if that is what would be best? It is www.emantechnology.com sorry if I am not supposed to post links.

Last edited:
I've found a Coolsat 8100HD receiver locally for $100. 3 hours from now I'll be picking it up.. I'm quite excited, because I know that the receiver has PVR functionality as well as DVB-S2, over-the-air digital reception etc.. Likely I will need to clean the hackware off of it, but I've already had the files emailed to me to get it cleaned up. (Thanks Iceberg!)

I am hoping someone will have the factory files for the CS8000 also as I am sure it will have to be cleaned up. Oh well will just hope all goes good. Hope that 8100 will be fun I am sure it should be from look at what specs I can find on it.

Yeah I am hoping I like it. Since I prolly threw away 30 odd bucks on the CS4000. Is the 4000 going to work for anything worth doing? maybe the travel trailer?

Chuck

My newly obtained Coolsat 8100HD does have hackware on it.. The first hint was when it went to Echostar's 110 satellite when I went into the satellite tuning menu. (Not sure if the "factory" firmware does the same or not) There are 'autoroll' menus in it too. I'm headed out of town for a couple of days, but when I get back, I'll be cleaning that crud off of the receiver. I'll also be getting a decent outdoor antenna to play with the ATSC over-the-air tuner :) It seems like a pretty decent receiver. Too bad Coolsat couldn't have focussed their attention on legal FTA and OTA receivers.

so if dn assumed coolsats brand should we expect them to support warranties and such..... haha. i still need 3 sats added to the 8100s sat list.

crackt out,

Status
Please reply by conversation.