Dish wanting to give me a hopper, but not without installing it.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Supervisor - Rainier (ID: ): DISH satellites are being migrated and without adding orbital slots to your DISH there will be a tendency that you will loose all programming's after the migration is complete. Supervisor - Rainier (ID: ): Access to other orbital's is not about changing the satellite dish or adding LNB's to it. The technician just simply needs to reprogram the satellite dish which cannot be done by an un-trained technician.

I pressed it further..

chat_agent.png
Supervisor - Rainier (ID: ): What about after the migration is complete?Will that be the time that you would ask for a technician when we can actually do it now to avoid hassle in the future Timothy?

"Reprogram the dish". First I've heard of that.

I currently have one hopper, and wanted a second, which Dish says cannot be done without have a tech come out. I already have the wiring done and tested it with the first hopper.

I don't wanna take time off work and have to babysit the house.

"Migration of satellites"? I've have not been on in a while, but I know Dish has the whole eastern and western arc setup, but this is the first I've heard of a "migration".

Oh boy..

"I apologize but the option for shipping is grayed out since the orbital's really needs to be added I apologize Timothy. If you cant decide now I can note the account regarding what the representative offered you so that when you finally decide to get the hopper you can contact us back at anytime."

What kind of migration is going on?

If adding an additional reciever(even if hopper in place of a Joey) the dish system will require a technician. There is no override for that in dish system. You may be able to through a retailer.
As for arc, depends on where you are located and what arc you currently have.

Or just buy the darn thing outright and do it yourself.

That's what I have done for over 11 years now. I buy all my receivers from dishdepot.com and I trade in my old ones for credit and NO tax, if you live out side of Florida state. I install it all and call to authorize and I'm up an running on my schedule ,not DISH's installation department.

Yep, you're going to need a duo node and a third RG-6 swept to 30 coax from the dish to that node. Are you sure you're already wired?

Yes, already wired. I had a second hopper in my bedroom, but sent it back because my employment was supposed to be full time, well that never turned out, so my inner TV child has gotten the better of me.

For future reference, if going through dish, and needing an additional reciever, not even the OOP has the option to waive the tech visit and just ship add on equipment. That goes for purchased equipment as well. If you wanted that option it HAS to be done through a retailer or 3rd party such as dishdepot.com. They will try to get a tech on your schedule though. Try being the optimal word

Well the installer came out. It was a hopper with sling, so I'm happy. Had to tack on another 2 year agreement, but no biggie as I've enjoyed dish for the past 2 years.

He was actually a nice person to talk to, chatted about different systems and the like. The previous installer was a dick, so I was relived when it wasn't him who showed up.

He said that dish was phasing out some local channels on the Western Arc, and converting customers to the EA, which I already had.

Since the dish hasn't been touched in almost 2 years, he double checked the signal levels to see if the dish moved any, signal was still peaked.

I'm liking the new hopper with sling. I could not figure out why it seems to run a little faster than my old one, it has a 1305 cpu vs the original hopper's 750mhz, it also has 2 GB of ram vs the original hoppers 768mb.

Also it comes with built in wifi, and the new transfer app.

I actually installed my hopper on my owe, I bought mines brand new from ebay for 150, and got dish 1000.2 as well from ebay. So I dont know what the tech support is talking about, the only thing I had the technician do was ground the satellite dish properly.

Rusty, the requirement for mandatory tech install, is if you are getting it from dish. You got yours from eBay. Different scenario. OP was getting theirs from dish directly. At which point, it absolutely will require a technician.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts