Dish wiring

Sammughal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2020
Toronto Ontario Canada
I’m taking down a system today and I thought I’d hook it up and tune into analog cspan or leash attempt it. I have some wiring here and I don’t want to short anything. Have I plugged the actuator wiring in correctly ? Are there supposed to be two cables for it ?

Also where does the polarizer or sensor wiring go?

Attachments

• 2E38496E-84EB-4C3F-80CF-CF3BC4CA8C4F.jpeg
    2E38496E-84EB-4C3F-80CF-CF3BC4CA8C4F.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 150
  • FB4755A8-4D3F-4919-BECE-8150C1D89A2D.jpeg
    FB4755A8-4D3F-4919-BECE-8150C1D89A2D.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 143
White and black are your polarization if you hook them up wrong the dish will turn the opposite direction, east would be west and west will be east.. the easiest way to do it just look at your actuator and connect the same way as in the actuator.

I’m taking down a system today and I thought I’d hook it up and tune into analog cspan or leash attempt it. I have some wiring here and I don’t want to short anything. Have I plugged the actuator wiring in correctly ? Are there supposed to be two cables for it ?

Also where does the polarizer or sensor wiring go?

Judging by the gauge of the wires, it looks like the actuator wires are connected to the correct terminals. The only issue is whether the dish is moving east when you want it to go east. Same for west movement. But your dish won't move until you get the sensor wires connected. I can see that the terminals are marked in that second photo and I'm assuming that the polarizer will connect to the two terminals on the right (looks like they're marked H/V) which means the sensor wires connect to the terminals on the left. If you're using an LNBF you won't need to connect the polarizer wires but you'll have to configure the receiver to use a LNBF (if there is such an option for that receiver).

I also think you are correct with the motor wires, you might have to swap them if it goes in the wrong direction. As for the sensor and servo wires, they certainly go to those red and black connector. But which ones? I can see on the second pic that there are labels below the connectors, can you post a pic of that? Also, did you try to find a manual for that receiver? that would certainly have diagrams. Or tell us make/model ?

a LNBF might be easier as long as the receiver can support polarization switching by voltage. Back then it was uncommon, at least on this side of the pond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)