Dish wont allow DVR on newly activated 722

Gblee677

Original poster
Apr 16, 2022
Ky
I had a 622 and three 211's all with EHD on my account. Had to replace my 622 because of bad rf modulator. So activated a 722 reman I purchased and now dish won't enable DVR function on the 722 because the say I need to upgrade to Hopper and yet DVR still works on my 211's .

Are you sure your 722 is not one of the "neutered" models? What I mean is that there is some that are being installed by Dish that have had their hard drives removed, essentially converting them into 222/222k's. These are usually installed to replace 322's for people that upgrade to ViP systems but don't want DVR functionality.

Also, where did you buy this 722?

I purchased it on eBay as it is a remanufactured model and I have EHD connected to it. Maybe it is " neutered" here is system info screen and DVR disabled message.

Attachments

• 20220416_211008.jpg
    20220416_211008.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20220416_210946.jpg
    20220416_210946.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 156
I purchased it on eBay as it is a remanufactured model and I have EHD connected to it. Maybe it is " neutered" here is system info screen and DVR disabled message.
Have you tried just calling back to get a different agent?? Sadly. Dish's Customer Service is at a low with Agents giving completely wrong information, often. I had one Friday, 722 to a Hopper upgrade that the Customer was told his recordings could be easily transferred by Ethernet (It can't) which is a Hopper to Hopper function

Have you tried just calling back to get a different agent?? Sadly. Dish's Customer Service is at a low with Agents giving completely wrong information, often. I had one Friday, 722 to a Hopper upgrade that the Customer was told his recordings could be easily transferred by Ethernet (It can't) which is a Hopper to Hopper function
Agreed, I've talked to two different agents.One agent said it was equipment malfunction other said said it's deactivated and DVR isn't available unless I upgrade to Hopper.

One agent said it was equipment malfunction
That I can believe. But don't I see a green in the "HDD" test on your right hand photo?
other said said it's deactivated and DVR isn't available unless I upgrade to Hopper.
That I do not believe. Time to call again. BTW can you get 61.5 as well? Lots of channels over there these days.

With 1 sat showing green, is it possible a check switch needs to be done?

That I can believe. But don't I see a green in the "HDD" test on your right hand photo?

That I do not believe. Time to call again. BTW can you get 61.5 as well? Lots of channels over there these days.
I see the test wasn't complete so the 61 may have just not showed up yet before he took the pic, but I was thinking the same thing at first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts