Dishanywhere access outside of home network

bantonb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Florida
If I access dishanywhere from my iphone or laptop from home, I get HD quality video (1800 kilobytes). However, when I access it outside my home internet, the connection never gets higher than 350 kilobytes thus a very low quality picture. Is there any setting I can adjust? I have a sling box from Dish.

Hi, have you tried to run a check speed test from your phone? I normally have to switch my phone the SQ (Standard Quality) when streaming on my 3G. If you connect your phone to WiFi outside your home network does the streaming get higher?

The bottle neck is probably your upload speed at home.

Most Internet services give you decent download speed but unless you have a cable internet or pay extra for high speed, your upload is probably only 0.5 mb which really is more like 0.375mb which is barely suitable for SD streaming.

Inside your house you are streaming directly from your Sling device to the receiving device and it does not have to go "outside" your in home network as long as you use wi-fi.

If you use telephone data for streaming the same upload choke point comes into play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)