DishDVR Advantage

I am positive about this information the first rep the regular one said the same thing but he explained it differently saying I would get the AT250 with the DVR Advantage for $49.99 but that the Auto Pay and the 18 month commitment was required, which I told him he was wrong that the AT 250 would be the additional $10 and he said no way, since I didn't believe him is why I called the executive office I spoke to each of the 2 reps at the exec office for an hour each time and we went over this in extreme detail and both were confused as well as I was, but they finally explained it so we all understood it as I posted and they confirmed this with other people in the exec office. I verified this information over and over with them and they were very clear on it, but this is why I was on the phone with them so long to make sure I got everything right. The last guy I talked to even gave me his direct email address at Echostar, in case there are any other problems.

David

Holly Cow!!!
I hate to post this because then Dish might find out and "fix it" but then again Sat Guys is all about helping people right? Pretend you did not read this dish.

Just now, I went online and signed up for DVR advantage (many times before it did not work). This time it said it went thought

=======AND=======

They gave me HBO for $10 and then I went to recent activity and it refunded BOTH of my DVR fees. I thought you only got one with DVR advantage. I have two DVRs and the HD pack.

There web site is super slow, it was 4 mins to load all pages and finish.
Dish has problems.

Ok got a clear answer now, and I think many people will be happy, you get the AT250 free with the DVR Advantage for $49.99 if you sign up for either Credit Card Auto Pay or an 18 month contract.

Without Credit Card Auto Pay, or an 18 month contract you only get the AT200 for the $49.99 with the option to upgrade to the AT250 for the additional $10.00.

Hope that clears everything up, and this was confirmed to me and explained more clearly by the 2 different rep's at the Executive Office.

David

Are you saying you can get DVR Advantage (either 200 or 250) WITHOUT either autopay or 18 month contract. It has been my understanding from the beginning that selecting one or the other is prerequisite to getting the dvr advantage in any form. I would really like to believe what you have been told, because it sounds great. But I think what they do is roll the 10 dollars extra into the premiums. In my case with Starz/HBO it said I had 3 premiums (250 was the 3rd).

Darn, next day. Now they took back the DVR fees and un refunded me, I check in my recent activity. This is sooo messed up.

Ok, here is what I sent in an email to dish and the answer I got back:

Here is what I would like to do. All the new prices, packages and offers are out, so I want to get the facts from you. I would like to know what I will owe up front and what my monthly bill will be.

-------------------------------------
Currently I have:
625 DVR
A.T. 180
Locals
HD Pack (Old package)
HBO
-------------------------
Want:
622 DVR
625 DVR (keeping)
DVR Advantage
HD Pak
A.T. 250
Locals
HBO
--------------------
So, I want to turn in the 811 and the 311 I have, upgrade to the ViP622, upgrade to the DVR Advantage and upgrade to the new HD. I want to keep my locals and HBO.

Answer back:

You monthly cost for the programming and equipment outlined below would be $101.97 with an 18 month commitment for the upgrade to the VIP 622 HD DVR.

Your upfront cost to upgrade to the VIP 622 would be $149.00 and you would be eligible for total credits of $150.00 which includes a $50.00 credit for upgrading to the VIP 622 HD DVR receiver and credits of $10.00 a month for 10 months for upgrading to the HD Programming package. You can access the rebate redemption form on our website.

I also have the home protection plan, so from what he quoted me, if I added the home protection plan, my bill will go up around 7 or 8 dollars. I think I can handle that.

Ok, here is what I sent in an email to dish and the answer I got back:

Here is what I would like to do. All the new prices, packages and offers are out, so I want to get the facts from you. I would like to know what I will owe up front and what my monthly bill will be.

-------------------------------------
Currently I have:
625 DVR
A.T. 180
Locals
HD Pack (Old package)
HBO
-------------------------
Want:
622 DVR
625 DVR (keeping)
DVR Advantage
HD Pak
A.T. 250
Locals
HBO
--------------------
So, I want to turn in the 811 and the 311 I have, upgrade to the ViP622, upgrade to the DVR Advantage and upgrade to the new HD. I want to keep my locals and HBO.

Answer back:

You monthly cost for the programming and equipment outlined below would be $101.97 with an 18 month commitment for the upgrade to the VIP 622 HD DVR.

Your upfront cost to upgrade to the VIP 622 would be $149.00 and you would be eligible for total credits of $150.00 which includes a $50.00 credit for upgrading to the VIP 622 HD DVR receiver and credits of $10.00 a month for 10 months for upgrading to the HD Programming package. You can access the rebate redemption form on our website.

I also have the home protection plan, so from what he quoted me, if I added the home protection plan, my bill will go up around 7 or 8 dollars. I think I can handle that.

since when do you have the 625?

I just called and had no problems switching.

Before:

AT250+Locals 57.99
HD Pack 20.00
DVR Free 5.98
xtra HD rec 6.00
----------------------------
Total 89.97

After:

Dvr Advantage 49.99
HD Pack 20.00
+250 10.00
xrta HD rec 6.00
------------------------------
Total 85.99

Savings= 3.98

Still cheaper and better than cable with way more channels including HD.

Lady spoke perfect english, understood the problem and had cheerfully fixed the plan. :)

Ok got a clear answer now, and I think many people will be happy, you get the AT250 free with the DVR Advantage for $49.99 if you sign up for either Credit Card Auto Pay or an 18 month contract.

Without Credit Card Auto Pay, or an 18 month contract you only get the AT200 for the $49.99 with the option to upgrade to the AT250 for the additional $10.00.

Hope that clears everything up, and this was confirmed to me and explained more clearly by the 2 different rep's at the Executive Office.

David

After talking to two diff. CSR's, they both said this deal (op250 for the Top200 price with CCAP) was only for NEW customers and current customers would NOT be able to get it. Maybe I will try my luck with ceo@dishnetwork.com now.

Drew

That is right it is always $10.00 more for an upgrade to the top 250 after adding either hd pack for $20.00 or two premium movie channels or $20.00. You might get a $10.00 off a month for 10 months, for upgrading to hd for the first time if you are an existing sub and $20.00 off for a new sub.

I read this entire thread and I am pretty confused to say the least. I was hoping one of you who know more about this could help me out. I just moved and would like to use my HD tv again.

My roomate has had Dish for 4 years and I am just going to pay the difference on the bill, so I really would like to know what it will cost to do these changes.

Right now we have:

Americas Top 200 + Locals
Extra 322 Reciever

Our bill is around $55, I believe.

------------------------------------------

I want:
Americas Top 200 + Locals
HD Package
vip622

So, basically I want what I have now plus HD and DVR. With their new "dvradvantage" offer what will it cost me?

If I understand their offer, it should cost $49.99 plus $20 for the HD, which comes to $70.

Also, would I have to pay any up front costs for the equipment?

I just called and had no problems switching.

Before:

AT250+Locals 57.99
HD Pack 20.00
DVR Free 5.98
xtra HD rec 6.00
----------------------------
Total 89.97

After:

Dvr Advantage 49.99
HD Pack 20.00
+250 10.00
xrta HD rec 6.00
------------------------------
Total 85.99

I'm really confused now.

Previously I had:
250 with locals
HD
dvr fee
dvr lease
payed by cc auto pay

total 86.97

I upgraded to the Dishdvr Advantage, and kept my 250, and HD. My bill now shows:

Leased receiver fee - 6.00
Dishdvr Advantage - 49.99
DishHD with 1 Premium - 30.00
New Total 85.99

I did not upgrade from 200 to 250. I am not receiving, nor did I indicate a Premium channel. When I just talked to a CSR she said the premium I am receiving is for the difference from 200 to 250.

When I signed up recently I was told it would be:

Lease receiver fee and difference from 200 to 250 - 10.00
Dishdvr Advantage basic - 49.99
DishHD - 20.00
New Total 79.99

Mike D-C05 said:

" That is right it is always $10.00 more for an upgrade to the top 250 after adding either hd pack for $20.00"

So who's right? Do I have a valid case? The way it is I'm saving 1.02 if the 85.99 amount is correct. Again, I did not upgrade to anything. I just signed up for Dishdvr Advantage with what I had and I've always been cc auto pay.

I'm really confused now.

Previously I had:
250 with locals
HD
dvr fee
dvr lease
payed by cc auto pay

total 86.97

I upgraded to the Dishdvr Advantage, and kept my 250, and HD. My bill now shows:

Leased receiver fee - 6.00
Dishdvr Advantage - 49.99
DishHD with 1 Premium - 30.00
New Total 85.99

I did not upgrade from 200 to 250. I am not receiving, nor did I indicate a Premium channel. When I just talked to a CSR she said the premium I am receiving is for the difference from 200 to 250.

When I signed up recently I was told it would be:

Lease receiver fee and difference from 200 to 250 - 10.00
Dishdvr Advantage basic - 49.99
DishHD - 20.00
New Total 79.99

Mike D-C05 said:

" That is right it is always $10.00 more for an upgrade to the top 250 after adding either hd pack for $20.00"

So who's right? Do I have a valid case? The way it is I'm saving 1.02 if the 85.99 amount is correct. Again, I did not upgrade to anything. I just signed up for Dishdvr Advantage with what I had and I've always been cc auto pay.

If you add the lease fee, which is seperate from the dvr advantage pack , to the 79.99 you come up with 85.99 so it is right. Although I thought that if you had one receiver the lease fee was not charged. IF you have two receivers leased and one is an hd receiver and one was a hd dvr , then the 6.00 lease fee would make sense. It is like charging an additional receiver fee for a hd receiver , but instead it is a lease fee. How many receivers do you have and what kind are they?

If you didn't want a premium channel and if you didn't want to upgrade to the top 250 then you could of got the top 200 for 49.99 and the hd pack for just 20.00. Add the lease fee and the total would of been only 75.99. You need to call and go over your bill: LINE BY LINE and CHARGE BY CHARGE, till you get it all worked out the way you want it.

You will always start at 49.99 for the dvr advantage pack for the top 200 channels.
Then you can add hd pack for 20.00 more .
Or you can add one premium movie channel and an upgrade to the top 250 for 20.00
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then all other premiums are 10.00 each added to the above 69.99 total ,
-Including the upgrade to the top 250 if you didn't already upgrade above
with a premium channel for 20.00.

Last edited:
only the first leased receiver you got when you signed up is waived, if you trade that in for a new leased receiver in dish'n it up you'll have to pay a $6 lease fee no matter what

and the first line by line is correct 85.99

only the first leased receiver you got when you signed up is waived, if you trade that in for a new leased receiver in dish'n it up you'll have to pay a $6 lease fee no matter what

and the first line by line is correct 85.99

Then it is still confusing as I previously 'owned' a 942. In December I began leasing a 622 and sold the 942 on ebay. I have been with dish for a very long time and the first dvr I ever had was the 510, I believe, which I purchased and did not lease.

I'm not that concerned about the extra dollars. I just don't want to be paying more than I should.

I suppose it all comes down to CSR's just not being able to give a customer the correct information when they call. C'est la vie!

I argued on the same lines for getting the lease fee waived for the vip622, since my 301 (first receiver) is owned since 2001. The exec. office (ceo@echostar.com) insisted that regardless of whether I swapped my 301 for the new 622, or if I just added the 622, I will incur a $6 lease fee on the 622. It did not make sense at all.

The exec offered me to waive the fee for 6 months as a signing bonus! What a great deal, huh?

What a joke these CSR's are. I wanted to get the following

DVR Advantage Plan $49.99
Dish HD Pak $20.00
Top 250 Bonus Pak $10.00
Extra Receiver Fee $5.00

Bringing my total bill to $84.99. I kept telling the CSR that the DishHD was a premium, but she kept insisting I must add another premium. So, I just got fed up with it and told her thank you for your time, and hung up. I can't believe that the CSRs don't even know what plans are truly available to customers.

So, I have now emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com. So, hopefully I can get all of this straightened out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts