DishDVR Advantage

Got an English first language rep and she told me in order to get the Top 250 with the DVR Advantage plan I would need to subscribe to at least one of Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, or Starz. So I just stayed with the Top 200 DVR Advantage plan with DishHD.

I believe they even consider the Top 250 a premium on the DVR Advantage. So that's 2 premiums right there.

It's only $10 more to go to DVR250. I think you do have to be subscribed to a premium channel to qualify. What you gain with DVR250 over DVR200 is TMC channels, Encore channels and some other sub-premium channels.

Is DVR Advantage same as AT180 + locals + DVR?

Ok got a clear answer now, and I think many people will be happy, you get the AT250 free with the DVR Advantage for $49.99 if you sign up for either Credit Card Auto Pay or an 18 month contract.

Without Credit Card Auto Pay, or an 18 month contract you only get the AT200 for the $49.99 with the option to upgrade to the AT250 for the additional $10.00.

Hope that clears everything up, and this was confirmed to me and explained more clearly by the 2 different rep's at the Executive Office.

David

Is this post accurate? If so, a guy with the good old AT120 , locals, DVR paying about 54 (42.99 + 5.98 DVR + $5 locals) would jump on the deal to switch to the new DVRAdvantage (which would be the same as the old AT180 + DVR + locals) for $49.

Is David's post accurate? I doubt it, but I'd have senior folks confirm/rebut the information posted above.

I just changed my service. I had AT250 + locals + HD and now I have DVR Advantage + HD + AT250. I was put on hold for 5 minutes and was told that I couldn't get the AT250 for $10 more. I told her that the website says I could. The CSR then insisted that I needed to sign up for an 18 month commitment and I told her to forget it since I own all of my equipment and that I would sign up for CC autopay instead. She typed in everything and told me I would save $3.98/month. I told her to repeat everything I was authorized to receive to make sure she didn't screw my account up and the call ended.

Yeah, I finally emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com, and they got everything resolved for me. He emailed me back and said I would have the following:

- $49.99 DVR Advantage
- $5.00 second receiver
- $10.00 Top250
- $20.00 DISH HD

Total monthly charges before tax = $84.99 ($5.99 for the DHPP will be added after 18 months)

So, it can be done, you just have to find the right person.

CEO fixed me up too.

- $49.99 DVR Advantage
- $10.00 Top250 Programming
- $20.00 DISH HD
- $5.00 additional receiver
- $5.98 DVR fee (second DVR receiver)

- $90.97 total

Since I signed up with dish. Why, what's up?

I should have asked when did you take 625 instead :) Coz they told me that I cannot take DVR advantage since I already took 625 sometime back. Have to wait for a yr..thats why. No other reason :D

OK, so given the information below, what is the difference between the DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE and the DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, which I appear not to have.

Account Charges

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE -AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK WITH 94.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.00
DISHHD 20.00
HDBONUS CREDIT 1 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT -10.00
LOCALS 0.00
Account Charges $ 110.98 Total $ 110.98

Lowest DishDVR Advantage Tier?

Say.. for new customer, can one sub to AT100+HD (instead of AT200+HD) and still be part of this DishDVR Advantage to get a free 622 unit?

Last edited:
I should have asked when did you take 625 instead :) Coz they told me that I cannot take DVR advantage since I already took 625 sometime back. Have to wait for a yr..thats why. No other reason :D

I think I am still missing what you are asking. When I first signed up for Dish, I got the 625 along with an 811 and another single tuner. I guess I have been with them for more than a year, so maybe thats why I can get the DVR Advantage. :up

kennya: yes, thats the answer I was seeking. You're eligible since its been a yr for u. They said no to me since it has not been a yr for me. I wanted to get the 622 as well. Turns out that I can get DVR advantage but not 622 unless I paid $149 for now. thanks for the reply.

kennya: yes, thats the answer I was seeking. You're eligible since its been a yr for u. They said no to me since it has not been a yr for me. I wanted to get the 622 as well. Turns out that I can get DVR advantage but not 622 unless I paid $149 for now. thanks for the reply.

I have to pay the 149 for the 622 also. I will get the $50 rebate though.

After rereading this thread for the umptheenth time I still am not sure...

WHAT is included in the DVR Advantage Package?

i.e. -
America's top 200
First IRD fee included at no additional charge
First DVR fee included at no additional charge
Locals included at no additional charge

So, what is included? The CSR's don't know...I contacted the ceo@dish. They phoned me back & left voicemail and I have returned THAT call for six straight days & left voicemails with no success.

Claude's spreadsheet http://www.dishretailer.com/csr/dvrfeb07.xls is of no help and doesn't match the pricing on Dish's site for the base DVR Advantage price.

H E L P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts