DishDVR Advantage

Boy this stuff is getting very confusing with everyone's unique setups.

Mine seems pretty basic, but I wanted to let some of the math wizards here price this up for me to see if I'm correct.

Currently:
625DVR & 811 (5.98 DVR Fee, 5.00 Recvr Fee)
Top 250 w/ Locals (57.99)
Original HD Pack (9.99)
Current Bill = 78.96

DVR Advantage (dropping to Top 200 & Dish It Up to a 211):
625DVR & ViP211 (5.00 Recvr Fee)
Top 200 w/ Locals (49.99)
HD Package (20.00)
New Bill = 74.99
(disregard fees for changing programming and adding 211, I'm only looking at monthly fees)

Is that correct? And, if I do Credit Card AutoPay I don't have to enroll for 18 months right?

you'll have a commitment cause you upgraded (right?) for a 211 right

the 18 month or cc auto pay is for the dvr advantage package itself

Can someone answer my question? I have DVR advantage + HD ($49.99 + $20)

Why are the reps telling me I have to pay full price for a single premium movie package? What do I have to do, send email to that ceo address?

if you can't get a rep that knows you can add a movie package onto that for $10, then sure go the e-mail route

According to this http://www.dishnetwork.com/images/w...ackages/dvr_advantage/dda_pricing_img_max.gif

If I have Dish DVR advantage + HD, and I want to add HBO, is it really only $10 a month? They are all $10 a month?

I'm on the phone right now with a rep and he doesn't know what is going on... He says one premium can be added at the standard price. But if I get more than one then they are $10 an piece.

This is a joke.

DishHD is now considered a premium, which is why HBO would be $10 for you.

I got a call this morning after I sent an email last night.

She started off saying that HBO was $14 to add to my package (DVRAdvantage + HD). I said she was wrong.

I literally had to tell her step by step where to click on the website to show her the DVR advantage pricing structure. This was followed by 2 minutes of silence, then she says, "OK so your bill will be DVR advantage 49.99 plus $30 for HD and one premium." I said thanks, add it, done.

No wonder so many people leave Dish for bad customer service.

Here is the booklet retailers get to had out to new and current customers. I only scanned in the page that deals with the DVR advantage.

Attachments

• DVR Advantage.jpg
    DVR Advantage.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 229
Yes the $10 is for new customers. I would have to look at the business rules but I believe customers that don't have HD and upgrade to HD can also get a $10 credit but that is under the Dish it up promotion. So this booklet is talking about new DISH customers.

I mainly posted it to show how to figure your bill depending on what you want. Seemed to be a lot of confussion on that and I don't think their website does a good job. I thought this did do a good job.

Shawn

Yes the $10 is for new customers. I would have to look at the business rules but I believe customers that don't have HD and upgrade to HD can also get a $10 credit but that is under the Dish it up promotion. So this booklet is talking about new DISH customers.

I mainly posted it to show how to figure your bill depending on what you want. Seemed to be a lot of confussion on that and I don't think their website does a good job. I thought this did do a good job.

Shawn
I am a new dish first time customer and am getting the 20.00 rebate. ny one have any idea how long it takes to show up on your bill as a credit after you initially submit redemption form??

When I upgraded to HD it was the second bill after I mailed the form in for me. I mailed it right after I received my bill I needed to photocopy. So I guess about 8 weeks.

That has been the norm for our customers we have talked to.

Shawn

When I upgraded to HD it was the second bill after I mailed the form in for me. I mailed it right after I received my bill I needed to photocopy. So I guess about 8 weeks.

That has been the norm for our customers we have talked to.

Shawn
csschrot, thanks for the quick response, 8 weeks sounds about right. By the way, nice GTO

Wow! So confusing!!

Maybe some kind soul can tell me if DishPVR advantage would save me some money.

Currently have:
625 (just got about 2 months ago from Dish)
508 (owned)
Top180 (that's what the bill says) with Movie Value Pack w/locals $74.99
DVR service X 2
Lease fee $5
Tax $5.52
Total = 97.47

I do have an HDTV so if I could work that in some how I'd be happy.

I made the switch Thursday night... Before switching I had AT250 plus locals second RCVR fee plus the DVR fee... With the price increase my bill was $77.90... Once I made the switch to the DVRAdvantage My bill went down three bucks while gaining HBO... Not a bad deal had I ordered HBO and added it to my package it would have been 87 bucks and some change so I came out real good on the deal and according to the rep and confirmed by a supervisor that $74.90 is good through the duration of my 18 month contract so if the prices go up until my contract is over I am locked in which to me is a pretty good deal... CC

The problem I'm having in switching to this plan is that even thought I have a fully installed 942 w/dish1000, Dish is refusing to just send me the 622 for a self install. I told them that this was a deal breaker but they wouldn't budge.
Makes no sense to me and no cents for them!

BigAl

I've just spent the most frustrating 30 minutess of my life speaking to an E* CSR. I simply wanted to know the $$$ difference of the All Everything package with 622 I currently have to the DVR advantage.
I was quoted prices of $49.99 to $179.99 a month. I shot an e-mail to ceo@echostar. Hopefully they can tell me something. I was ready to purchase or lease a 2nd 622 but I am hesitant to do anything after talking to the CSR.

I called right before I went on vacation. I own a 622 and had Everything Pak with Locals, HD, and Playboy. I wanted to drop Playboy, which should have made the bill $114.99. I also wanted to drop Cinemax, but it seemed to me I would only save 2 cents with the DVR fee I would have got hit with. (52.99+5.00+5.98+20.00+31.00=$114.97)

The CSR seemed on the ball, and I asked her if I could get DVR Advantage if I owned a 622. She put me on hold a minute and said I could. I told her I wanted to get everything but Cinemax & Playboy. She typed for a while and said I was all set. I asked her to confirm the monthly charge, and she said $109.99

I just got back and checked my recent activity online. It took me a while to decipher, because they had for some reason done the pro-rating for a 32 or 33 day period. But I finally figured out that they had charged me the $114.97 rate. There was no mention of DVR Advantage.

I was going to call and complain, but it also appears that they had reversed the $10 downgrade fee for adult programming. So the credit card charge was still less than what I was expecting. I hate to draw attention to that.

There was a link on the customer service page to sign up for DVR Advantage, so I went through it. It said sign-up was successful, so I guess I will wait for my next bill to come out before calling again.

Wow! So confusing!!

Maybe some kind soul can tell me if DishPVR advantage would save me some money.

Currently have:
625 (just got about 2 months ago from Dish)
508 (owned)
Top180 (that's what the bill says) with Movie Value Pack w/locals $74.99
DVR service X 2
Lease fee $5
Tax $5.52
Total = 97.47

I do have an HDTV so if I could work that in some how I'd be happy.

It's really not confusing if you want HD. You start at $49.99, and add $20 for HD. Everything else you add is $10.

If you don't want HD, there are a couple other stipulations...HBO is $2 more in some combinations, and there are some combinations you just can't get.

You didn't say what movies you have in the value pak, that could make a difference with some combinations. BUT, the bill you are quoting is old. There is no Top180 or Movie Value Pack anymore. I believe you'll find your next bill is $5+tax higher...about $102.77.

DVR Advantage would be either $96.43 or possibly as high as $98.55, depending on your movie packs.

I've never leased, so I don't know how that works. I didn't know you had to pay a lease fee AND a DVR fee on a leased DVR. If you can get them to trade in your 625 for a 622, I think you would just add the standard $20+tax for HD programming.

Where are you living that you have to pay 6% tax on satellite? *&%! that! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)