Dishes and the missus

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just put in a 10 footer and tell her that your going to replace the small one's with the larger ones, now I'm sure that she'll complain for awhile and you'll most likely end up sleeping on the sofa for a month or two but it will be worth it. My wife has just given up and no longer even comments when I bring a BUD home.

It's your fault for not wasting your money on more socially acceptable pursuits like tattoo sleeves or car stereos you can hear from a mile away;)

Or spending countless nights out with the boys drinking and oogling young women. Like I tell my wife when I'm out tinkering with a dish 'till all hours of the night, at least I'm not out drinking! I do still enjoy stereos you can hear........or better yet feel from a mile away.

Speaking of that, she was a little disgusted mith me one night for being out there after 10pm with a tv and a receiver fine tuning the dual feedhorn CM dish.

At least I was off the next day, not like im going to be late for work or anything. (that was a cooold night)

Speaking of that, she was a little disgusted mith me one night for being out there after 10pm with a tv and a receiver fine tuning the dual feedhorn CM dish.

At least I was off the next day, not like im going to be late for work or anything. (that was a cooold night)

I always work on dishes at night during full moons. It is cooler at night and the full moon lets you see what you're doing. Neighbors talk, I'm sure.

My wife and I have a deal. I don't tell her how to spend her money and she doesn't tell me how to spend mine! Good thing too because along with the FTA stuff, I'm also a drag racer. And you thought FTA stuff was expensive?? Two door cars and one dragster sitting in my garage plus two enclosed car trailers and two trucks outside.

As far as the dishes go, I put up what I want and she could care less. As a matter of fact, she could care less about TV in general. That woman reads a book or two a week so TV isn't important to her, and I'm glad cuz I usually watch a bunch of whatever sport happens to be in season.

So I'm really blessed as far as the wife thingie goes. I've got the best one ever!

My wife and I have a deal. I don't tell her how to spend her money and she doesn't tell me how to spend mine! Good thing too because along with the FTA stuff, I'm also a drag racer. And you thought FTA stuff was expensive?? Two door cars and one dragster sitting in my garage plus two enclosed car trailers and two trucks outside.

As far as the dishes go, I put up what I want and she could care less. As a matter of fact, she could care less about TV in general. That woman reads a book or two a week so TV isn't important to her, and I'm glad cuz I usually watch a bunch of whatever sport happens to be in season.

So I'm really blessed as far as the wife thingie goes. I've got the best one ever!

So-ooo...

How did you train her??? :confused:

Last edited:

My wife probably couldn't care less how many dishes I put up. But she does seem to go over the deep end if I decide to move one from location to the other. By that I mean, the poles I leave behind in the process. Instead of using the same pole in another location, I just go out and find another one, leaving the pole the dish was just on, standing right where it is. And besides. when one has planted that pole with 50 bags of concrete to begin with(just exaggerating a tad bit of course), it's not exactly easy getting that pole out of the ground. So the way I deal with it. I don't deal with it..I just leave it standing there. Definitely pisses her off tho.

So-ooo...

How did you train her??? :confused:

Well Dan, she and I both were divorced when we met back in 1988. I had a wife that liked to run around with every Tom, Dick and Harry in town and she had a husband that liked to beat her and verbally abuse her. I don't do either so I'm the best thing since sliced bread and all I got to do is be me! As long as she knows that I love her, EVERYTHING else is moot point! ;-)

As far as the every day expenses goes, we're both retired and on fixed incomes so she pays xx bills and I pay the rest. What I do with what's left over is my business and I do spend quite a lot. Yeah, spending my kids inheritance! If you're interested, here are two of my websites. One I sell garage signs from and the other is a racing forum. Yup, I'll be 66 years old next month and two weeks ago went 5.47 @ 126MPH in the eight mile, ie, 660ft from dead standstill! ;-) It's the most fun I ever had with my cloths on and trust me, that does NOT paint a pretty picture! 8-0 ;-) I have a dragster chassis that I bought back in March that I hope to ride before season's end. That one will probably run 4.80s @ over 140 MPH in the eight mile. Can you say "terminal excitement"! ;-) I can only think of one better way to go and THAT doesn't paint a pretty picture either!!

Rutledge Racing Enterprises: My Drag Cars (Past & Present)

Motorsports Village Racing Forum and Motor Tech Articles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)