Dishes we have seen -- post yours!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
...Along a 50 km stretch of old highway off the beaten track, there must have been at least a dozen or more 10-foot white dishes at different farm houses, most of them solid dishes. All mounted on the same style of concrete footing, probably installed by same guy way back when.
That's the situation here, there are maybe 7 or so stainless steel big dishes remaining in a relatively small area. I spoke with a former dealer -- he said he installed them all. I really don't want a stainless dish though. Maybe if I were a chef in need of a very large salad bowl...

You could cook in those giant woks for a whole community. Throw in a gallon of soy sauce with a cow of meat and a barn of veggies. Fussy! I'd take a stainless dish in a second. You can always paint it.

Left in place I figure they are my distributed back up system. If a tornado destroys all my dishes, maybe I get a second chance. Stainless BUDs are a bit tacky looking, but I don't care, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Dishman Dan wants two of them...

Track record getting worse.
Stopped at farmer brown's house yesterday.(not really his name, but in farm country) Ask him about the old dish in his yard must not be in use since it was pointer Northeast. Wondered if he would like it removed. He was told by the seller, many years ago, that if he ever wanted to get rid of it to call him. He takes them to "other' places and puts them back into some kind of use. So, another NO was at this place. Now I am 0 for 6.
Just don't understand how some of the Satguys just drive down the road and the dishes just jump right into your truck. Maybe around my area people like to keep them for yard ornaments?:(

Found another Ed Jones place I need to check out soon. Last two stated they were in use. ??

You should consider taking RT with you as a warm up act on your next dish adventure. ;)

The previous owner of my 6 foot Winegard was a hard one to crack. She kept saying that the previous property owner was returning to get it. It sat for like 3 years and I went to work on her. I supplied fresh home grown potatoes and she finally asked why I kept giving them. I told her I knew potatoes are her favorite "dish" and that when she thinks about where they came from she will think of me and the (satellite) "dish". It worked! :D

Left in place I figure they are my distributed back up system. If a tornado destroys all my dishes, maybe I get a second chance. Stainless BUDs are a bit tacky looking, but I don't care, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Dishman Dan wants two of them...

I know that Xena is bigger than life but... :eek:

You should consider taking RT with you as a warm up act on your next dish adventure. ;)
The ONLY way to move that 19 pounder is in a cage when I take him to the vet! Sings all the way over and back.
.....I supplied fresh home grown potatoes and she finally asked why I kept giving them. I told her I knew potatoes are her favorite "dish" and that when she thinks about where they came from she will think of me and the (satellite) "dish". It worked! :D
Farmer Brown had more food that I could ever come up with.

RT.

That's the situation here, there are maybe 7 or so stainless steel big dishes remaining in a relatively small area. I spoke with a former dealer -- he said he installed them all. I really don't want a stainless dish though. Maybe if I were a chef in need of a very large salad bowl...

If they are one piece Stainless dishes, you likely wont find a better dish for Ku to go along with your C-band. I'd take down mesh dishes to put up more solids. ONE PIECE solids. But thats just Me. LOL

My 2 dishes I mounted.

Attachments

• 2012-04-24_14-10-38_750.jpg
    2012-04-24_14-10-38_750.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 2012-04-24_14-10-46_289.jpg
    2012-04-24_14-10-46_289.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 233
Almost a hit on a, at least, a 1.2M dish at the Scottville Ed-Jones building. Office people had to check with the top bosses and see if I could have it. I checked the other day and they said it was OK to take the dish! Really? NO! The landlord of the building stated no one is allowed on his building roof without a "roofers" license and a big insurance policy. So, another zero is added to the list. So the big dish sits there waiting for some day when that building owner need a new roof and they will probably pitch it in the dump!

RT.

Here's a 3-meter Design Homes Satellite dish. I had one just like it in 1988, Spun aluminum, deep dish. Great for in-town reception.
polar pow dec 2012.JPG

Porta BUD

The old demo rig :) Make a first rate accessory for hunting camp LOL. Tows easy and crank it up when you get parked :)
2008 -12-11 demo trailer 004.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)