Please reply by conversation.

toucan-man

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Wisconsin
dish.jpg
"Pa, you reckon you can get the tv workin' again soon?"

That reminds me of some locals who spend in excess of $100 a month on pizza and their houses are just as nice as in that photo! At least they have their priorities right! :rolleyes:

That's most likely just someones summer vacation home, just need's a little paint!

Oh this will be easy. A lot of the dishes up for grabs around here can be seen on Google Street View.

Here is a nice 1.2m PrimeStar in Grawn Mich. that has been looking at over grown bushes for years.

GrawnMi.jpg

This Clark gas station is less than a mile away, was also closed for several years, now re-opened as Admiral. But the new company abandoned the Clark dish in place and put a new one up on the attendant bldg. Also a 1.2m needs a new home.

ClarkTC2.jpg

Here is a 1.8m Prodelin on top of Edward Jones Investments. They are now on a IP network and the dish hasn't been used in years.

EdwardsTC.jpg

Here is another 1.8m Prodelin at a car dealership in Kalkaska Mich. When the photo was taken it shows the dish looking South. But now it has been pointed North for some time and obviously not in use.

Kalkaska.jpg

Last edited:
Back in Traverse City, here is a nice 1.8m Prodlin. Looks like it belongs to the house but is connected to a office bldg. next door. This one is now in my back yard, it is back up on a post, but I won't do much with it till Spring.

Garfield.jpg

Here is a 1m steel dish out boonies near Karlin Mich. Laying face down in the photo it is now up on a short post, but the mobile home never has anyone around to ask about it.

Karlin.jpg

Yea, after I brought home dish #12 my wife said no more or it's going to be her or the dishes.
Hmmnn.. I thought. Dish #13 and no wife! I might like that.

How far away are you from that Prodelin factory auction not too long ago??
It was only like 6 or 7 hours from me and I could not schedule the time to pick things up so I did not bid. The bidding was online and there was only so much time to pick the items up. After seeing the auction results I should of tried harder! :(
You could of come home with hundreds of Ku dishes! ;)

Lots of local dishes!

I live in Cairo, GA and there are a lot of un-used dishes in the area. Not so many BUD's around any more and the few that are left are in bad shape. There are till alot of Primestar dishes left over from 20 years ago. Some in very good shape and some in parts.SUNP0002.JPGSUNP0006.JPGSUNP0008.JPGSUNP0003.JPGSUNP0009.JPG
There are 2 big Prodelin dishes. One is at an abandoned Ford dealer and the other is at an Edward Jones office. The third picture shows the largest Primestar dish I have ever seen, maybe 120CM?. Fourth picture is the best old BUD in town, an 8ft. Perfect 10. It needs re-screening. Last picture is a nice dish missing it's LNB and trying to hide in the bushes.

This Clark gas station is less than a mile away, was also closed for several years, now re-opened as Admiral. But the new company abandoned the Clark dish in place and put a new one up on the attendant bldg. Also a 1.2m needs a new home.

ClarkTC2.jpg
This actually EchoSat Dish , was used for Point-Of-Sale network(credit cards,EBT), most of it now on DSL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.