Dishnet down?

Unplug the modem and plug it back in, that's the first thing I would try. If it still doesn't work you may want to reboot your computer. After that you may want to check all your connections and the dish antenna itself. If you still can't get it to work you may want to get a hold of DIRT on here and see what they say.

I'd say yes. Even with my Fios modem, I have to reboot it once or twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I had WildBlue internet I had to reset mine all the time. Honestly, I hated my satellite internet and even though I sell it I do not recommend it to anyone unless they have absolutely no other options.

When I had WildBlue internet I had to reset mine all the time. Honestly, I hated my satellite internet and even though I sell it I do not recommend it to anyone unless they have absolutely no other options.

Some moron on my street has DishNet Satellite Internet, they must be a complete gullable moron because we have both 30mbps/4mbps Charter Cable Internet AND 1.5 to 3.0mbps / 512kbps AT&T DSL in this neighborhood.

I should go offer to mow their lawn for $500.

192.168.0.1 is the modem interface. System status which is located at the top of the interface home screen is always a good place to start when you have a problem. You will know at a glance who's side the problem is on.

Some moron on my street has DishNet Satellite Internet, they must be a complete gullable moron because we have both 30mbps/4mbps Charter Cable Internet AND 1.5 to 3.0mbps / 512kbps AT&T DSL in this neighborhood.

I should go offer to mow their lawn for $500.

Does he have TV also? Probably decided on dishnet to capitalize on.the 10 dollar credit for bundling. You wouldn't believe how many people have no clue what a data cap is.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am brand new to these forums. Found it on Google will searching in vain for a solution to an issue I am having.

As for choosing this thread instead of starting a new one....I was wondering if the original starter of this thread has come to any conclusions on if or why his internet connection was down the other day? On that exact day, I also experienced connectivity issues and still am. So please help me!! I do not want to call Dishnetwork only to have them not come clean on whether it is at their end and nor do I want to pay for them to come out on service call if it IS on my end.

I am sort of some what geek on this pc, all self taught...had no idea even how to turn this pc on 5 years ago and having no one to teach me, and the desire to do everything myself and never visit a techie, I can navigate myself out of most pc issues.

Anyway...I am experiencing very slow loading pages, error messages of "can not display page", pages that do not completely load, etc. Some pages load quick as lightening, others load slow or not at all. I have been with dish network internet service now for 5 years and this past year have had this exact trouble a few months ago. (I am not using excede equipment yet). The issues a few months ago cleared up on their own at some point. I am on the 12G per month package with 3.1 MBPS. I am well within my allowed data for the rolling 30 days. Checked my speeds on speak easy speed test and all looks perfect there.

I have a 3 year old Dell Laptop 1558, Intel Core i7-720 QM Quad Core Processor, 64 bit, 4GB Memory, 320 GB SATA Hard drive. Norton security. I keep a clean system and keep unwanted files from running, etc...

In attempts to fix or discover what might be ailing this pc, did a reboot to the modem and pc allowing it to sit for one hour, I have run it in Safe Mode with Networking and still it is slow. I have completely removed Norton and with no windows firewall running, still it is running funky. Norton has been run as well as Malware Bytes. Nothing there. Still slow on all browsers, IE, Chrome and Firefox. I have cleaned all wire connections inside and outside. Have run registry cleaner with no improvements. Even removed the last windows security update that happened to down load on the very day this all started...didn't do a thing for my issues.

I am ready to tear out my hair and am on the verge of doing a complete recovery on this pc! (OMG NO! LOL) I know if I call Dish, they will want to send out a repair guy. I need help to figure out if it is in this pc, in my equipment or on their end...WHAT DO I DO!!!

Thanks for all your help guys...go easy on me, I am a simple gal, trying to learn to be a pc geek!
-Leyla :)

Another explanation may be found in the difference between HTTP and HTTPS web pages. HTTP over satellite is "accelerated". That means - at the distant satellite terminal - a bunch of individual data packets are stuffed into a "box", the whole "box" is sent over your connection, then unpacked by your modem and streamed to your browser. HTTPS on the other hand, is sent on an individual packet basis. Each packet much be ACK'd by the receiving end before the transmitting end will sent the next packet. Given the long round trip time between you and the distant satellite terminal, you should be able to understand why HTTPS is slower than HTTP.

//greg//

Thanks so much for all the replies! Ok...what has transpired since I last posted...(and I have no idea if this post will leave this pc for you all to view as I am having serious issues)...Reluctantly, LOL, Saturday I called Dish Network to see if there were any outages and to check my equipment from where they are located. They came back to say that all was well on their end and as far as they could tell, all was well on my end as well as far as dish point and data getting to my modem. So, the issue was somewhere from the modem to my pc.Now, I have been getting messages from my pc about my hard drive on the verge of death and that I should back up my info over this past year. So I had backed up files and also ordered a new hard drive about 4 months ago. So at this point, I figured that the only way to get down to the bottom of the issues I am having is to replace the hard drive and do a recovery. Ok...so I install windows 7 and the NSS and drivers from the dell drivers page. I go to start the windows updates and get an error message of no connectivity. I tried down loading their little fix it tool, and still nothing. I tried to down load some antivirus, and same thing...can't down load due to connectivity. So I call Dish back and I am having them send me another modem. (OMG, where is it already! LOL) So I am running on a VERY unstable pc and browser right now, took me 15 mins to get logged on to this site due to "unable to display page," or constantly logging me off or pages improperly displayed.Meanwhile, I looked in the even logs in this pc and all sorts of errors occurred during the drivers installation, so I am not even sure if it was a clean installation and it could STILL possibly be this computer!!! (I am freaking out!!! LOL) HOWEVER...I want to thankyou for all the replies AND those links to speeding up this connection! If I am unable to get this to send or even get back to this page to retreive that infor, I will take note of the addresses. I will also keep you posted as to the outcome of all this. If you have ANY suggestions or info that will help me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share with me. I am so learning as I go here!Thanks,-Leyla :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)