DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/26/2008 1:24pm - 210 changes

The biggest question is, "How much did Charlie pay Tricia Helfer to promote the BSG season premiere on Charlie Chat only to not make SciFi HD available for it even though it has been uplinked for over 3 months?"

Zero. SciFi channel has commercials, so the appearance is a promotion, and Charlie Chat is a free broadcast, so no one is paid (other than the production staff, of course).

Dish Network made room for SciFi-HD several months ago. When the channel and Dish can agree on terms, it will be added.

What ever happened to Greenville HD LILS??????? I mean I am to the point where it does not matter which Greenville anymore. Dish just throw us a D*** bone.

Greenville, NC has been delayed until April 3rd.

I'm starting to feel the anxiousness leaving my body, and the heavy weight of doubt is sinking in. No Locals again :( Time to go watch the SD version of General Hospital, yet again. One day Carli, i will see you in a much higher resolution :(

I can watch Sci-Fi in HD all I want.. The only thing I want from Dish is my locals in HD.. And I haven't seen one word from Dish on Mobile, Al locals.. So I guess I will just keep on waiting.. Now there are other national HD channels that I want. Right now, I don't care which provider adds them. But from a business standpoint, I love Dish, and just want them to get on the ball so I can get back to selling them.. Been a little tough to get a customer to pick them over D* lately..

The Mobile, AL HD locals were listed on one of the Charlie Chats late last year. However they were not included on the most recent list. The Mobile, AL Fox channel was included in the LIN stations that recently signed carriage agreements with E*. My guess is that the ABC station (Sinclair) is still holding out.

Guys this is the uplink thread, if you want to talk about News reporters take it to chit chat or the back room, please try and stay on topic here, people dont want to shift through 2-3 pages of off topic stuff to see whats going on.

Agreed 100% been with dish over 7 years now getting pretty frustrated esp when you see direct tv just launched their new satellite successfully!!!!! Alot of good National Hd for the money.

Wow, im starting to regret that I even mentioned how hot our TV anchors are in Saginaw. Its turned into a contest, with everyone pimping out their towns News Queen. I will say thought, Uplink Wednesdays are definitely a good time.

As i write this i sit on the toilet at work reading the dissapointment of others and smelling my own.....I normally do not reply with my pants down from the bathroom stall.....but today it seemed apprpriate.....because the "soon" respone is beginning to smell like the gift I am leaving behind....Charlie better get with the program or the next time my pants are down it will be so he can kiss my ass goodbye......

Im gotta get outta here.....my eyes are burning from my aroma....

The Mobile, AL HD locals were listed on one of the Charlie Chats late last year. However they were not included on the most recent list. The Mobile, AL Fox channel was included in the LIN stations that recently signed carriage agreements with E*. My guess is that the ABC station (Sinclair) is still holding out.

Yes, I have seen them on a Dish list in the past. DirecTV also had them on their list for Q4 of 2006.. Those didn't make it either. So I guess somebody is holding out for both companies..

As i write this i sit on the toilet at work reading the dissapointment of others and smelling my own.....I normally do not reply with my pants down from the bathroom stall.....but today it seemed apprpriate.....because the "soon" respone is beginning to smell like the gift I am leaving behind....Charlie better get with the program or the next time my pants are down it will be so he can kiss my ass goodbye......

Im gotta get outta here.....my eyes are burning from my aroma....

....wow, and we are B****ing about people putting up pictures of good looking anchor women???

Well we will see now days you just never know maybe we will see somethings later in the week.

I hope so.

A web search on "hot news anchor" produced this one from Albuquerque, Lauren Sanchez:

lauren-sanchez-picture-1.jpg

She's in LA now, for the last few years, she was also the host of So You Think you can Dance, the first season.

Scott, do you think there will be more uplinks today, or are you saying they will have additional uplinks later in the week? I am asking becuase you didn't say the day isn't over yet, but you said the week isn't over yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)