DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/28/2008 1:34pm - 138 changes

My gut (aka, a flat out guess) on why WKBW wasn't turned on is that since they are also controlling WNGS in that market, which is a RTN station, that they probably want WNGS uplinked as well.
WNGS is not HD yet. Heck they dont even have a digital channel yet. They are using 7-2 for digital (piggybacking off ABC) and 67 for analog.

WNGS SD is up and running on Dish :)
and you are correct...Equity owns them but WKBW runs the commercials :)

Most likely a mistake on the report as I'm still working on some issues that seem to be causing other mistakes to pop up....
FWIW I was not trying to point out a "mistake on the report". Rather, I was curious about why Dish removed these Texas MPEG4 SD locals on 61.5 which had been up-linked in April but never made available. This made me wonder whether the Texas DMAs will be included in the Eastern Arc.

Talon Dancer

Looks like we have a little bit of movement on the TMP A, B, C, etc channels. I noticed one was running around 10 mbps now and another seven of them actually had video streams but were not your typical varying video bit rates. But they have the encoder fired up though!

And just to answer the 10 next questions...do you know what the channels might be and when? Nope and nope. ;)

When you say "removed" do you mean removed from the maps or removed from the satellite? I assume you mean removed from the maps, because I know some of these channels still exist as of last night.

Looks like we have a little bit of movement on the TMP A, B, C, etc channels. I noticed one was running around 10 mbps now and another seven of them actually had video streams but were not your typical varying video bit rates. But they have the encoder fired up though!

And just to answer the 10 next questions...do you know what the channels might be and when? Nope and nope. ;)

EXCELLENT!!!

When you say "removed" do you mean removed from the maps or removed from the satellite? I assume you mean removed from the maps, because I know some of these channels still exist as of last night.

Yes, removed from maps. There's no way I could check the PMT of every TP since I don't have LOS to all the beams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts