DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/7/2008 1:37pm - 122 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tony I have seen you post this a few times, but how do you explain the HD content that is actually on that channel? The sat and cable companies that do carry it arent just upconverting all of it. The "official" launch may be later, but TWC is putting out some HD content NOW

What HD content? A piece here or there while 99.95% of the programming is SD?

The weather studios, where they do their broadcasts most of the time, and their graphics machines for the most part are NOT READY YET. They may test something here or there, but it is not ready yet and therefore THERE IS NO HD TWC yet. There is an SD TWC with 30 minutes a week of HD as a test, but no HD TWC yet. Can we wait for there to be content before we clammor for an HD channel? Or do we want another TBS waste of stretched space for a few months until they actually start the HD broadcasts?

See ya
Tony

CHNG 9400 RSRCH MPEG4 SD Tp 32 EchoStar 3 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE MAP 90
TO 9400 RSRCH MPEG4 SD Tp 32 EchoStar 3 61.5w AT100? HIDE

CHNG 9401 HITN MPEG4 SD Tp 32 EchoStar 3 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE MAP 90
TO 9401 HITN MPEG4 SD Tp 32 EchoStar 3 61.5w AT100? HIDE

This one may have slipped by a few of you out there

Interesting stuff here. If I go to channels 9400 or 9401 on my 622 receiver and do a 6+1+1 (point Dish screen) the receiver will lock up. The picture will remain exactly as it was with a black screen in the "picture box" and all the other graphics intact. It will not respond to any button pushes on the receiver or remote. (you can hard reboot the receiver, BUT WAIT) Let it sit for about 10 minutes, the receiver will slowly come back to life. First you hear the signal tone. Then about a mnute later, the point dish screen shows up as it should, only 10 friggin minutes later!!!!

Anyway, it shows that on my receiver pointing at 110°, 119° and 61.5° channels 9400 and 9401 are being received from tp 32 at 61.5° and not 110° as it was yesterday.

Other than the point dish screen bug (which is a PITA) it seems to work just fine. PQ is about the same (I actually watch HITN some times).

See ya
Tony

does anyone know why they took off our channel 6 it is a mass. local,it is the only one that went off overnight?

does anyone know why they took off our channel 6 it is a mass. local,it is the only one that went off overnight?
We have no obvious indication of any local(s) being removed overnight. What is your City?

EDIT: If it is WLNE-TV New Bedford, you need a dish pointed at 61.5w. The EPG info should give you a number to call to setup installation.

The move happened yesterday afternoon.

Additional EDIT: You may also need a different receiver.

Last edited:
thanks johnh i do live in new bedford i have the 61.5 but i have no idea if it is west didn't notice and i have a vip211 and a dual wireless analog rec.don't know the model.

Tony, it was outlined a few times - don't wait too long while do SS check. SW would try to adapt to unusual condition ( tpn is in tables, but no signal ) and will try to 'compensate' nonexisting LOF drift, thus will tune to adjusted frequency from any input port of your switch.

This one may have slipped by a few of you out there

Interesting stuff here. If I go to channels 9400 or 9401 on my 622 receiver and do a 6+1+1 (point Dish screen) the receiver will lock up. The picture will remain exactly as it was with a black screen in the "picture box" and all the other graphics intact. It will not respond to any button pushes on the receiver or remote. (you can hard reboot the receiver, BUT WAIT) Let it sit for about 10 minutes, the receiver will slowly come back to life. First you hear the signal tone. Then about a mnute later, the point dish screen shows up as it should, only 10 friggin minutes later!!!!

Anyway, it shows that on my receiver pointing at 110°, 119° and 61.5° channels 9400 and 9401 are being received from tp 32 at 61.5° and not 110° as it was yesterday.

Other than the point dish screen bug (which is a PITA) it seems to work just fine. PQ is about the same (I actually watch HITN some times).

See ya
Tony

I believe the 61.5 Providence SD locals moved transponder positions, to a TP that's a spotbeam and no longer ConUS, and to MPEG4 .. so most likely you may need a new receiver, milslim. It is my understanding that ABC 6, NBC 10, WPRI 12, CW 28 and FOX 64 migrated over. So if you only lost ABC 6, that's strange. :/

edit: vip211... nevermind... should work, no?

Last edited:
i have a 211 but i also have a dual wireless reciever i checked on the dual rec. that's where the prob is i haven't checked the 211 yet.

I believe the 61.5 Providence SD locals moved transponder positions, to a TP that's a spotbeam and no longer ConUS, and to MPEG4 .. so most likely you may need a new receiver, milslim. It is my understanding that ABC 6, NBC 10, WPRI 12, CW 28 and FOX 64 migrated over. So if you only lost ABC 6, that's strange. :/

edit: vip211... nevermind... should work, no?

I don't think they went MPEG4. They did go to a 8PSK transponder though.

Tony, it was outlined a few times - don't wait too long while do SS check. SW would try to adapt to unusual condition ( tpn is in tables, but no signal ) and will try to 'compensate' nonexisting LOF drift, thus will tune to adjusted frequency from any input port of your switch.

I understood every word on that paragraph, but when I put them together, I got nothing. I have no idea what that means.

See ya
Tony