DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/7/2008 1:37pm - 122 changes

I haven't kept up the birds there... can that satellite at 72 do the odd TPs?

After doing some research, the satellite at 72.5 W is the DirecTV 1R which can only do 16 TPs, just the even ones so if Dish wants to use that slot sooner than they need to provide a DBS satellite.

After doing some research, the satellite at 72.5 W is the DirecTV 1R which can only do 16 TPs, just the even ones so if Dish wants to use that slot sooner than they need to provide a DBS satellite.

This is really interesting because they only added the odd tps to the tables and they go all the way to TP31. They're probably moving one of their own spare satellites soon?

CHANGE Tp 1 EchoStar 72.7w ,8PSK SR 21500 FEC 2/3
TO Tp 1 EchoStar 72.7w ,QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 3 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 5 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 7 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 9 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 11 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 13 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 15 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 17 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 19 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 21 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 23 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 25 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 27 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 29 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 31 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

This is really interesting because they only added the odd tps to the tables and they go all the way to TP31. They're probably moving one of their own spare satellites soon?

CHANGE Tp 1 EchoStar 72.7w ,8PSK SR 21500 FEC 2/3
TO Tp 1 EchoStar 72.7w ,QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6

ADD Tp 3 EchoStar 72.7w QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6...
Please forgive this silly question....
Can they do MPEG4 on a TP that is "QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6" or does that just reduce the number of MPEG4 channels / TP?

Talon Dancer

Ok, that's what I found out last time, but wasn't sure if that was correct since it was swapped out last year.

Please forgive this silly question....
Can they do MPEG4 on a TP that is "QPSK SR 20000 FEC 5/6" or does that just reduce the number of MPEG4 channels / TP?

Talon Dancer

They can do just about whatever they want. QPSK is lower bandwidth but works in lower signal situations.

They can do just about whatever they want. QPSK is lower bandwidth but works in lower signal situations.
So a sat at 72.5W configured as QPSK could handle a bunch of the the CONUS MPEG4 SD channels they need to mirror for the Eastern Arc. Now all they need to do is beg, borrow, steal or trade for a sat at 72.5W:)

Talon Dancer

Ok, trying to clear things up: :confused:

1. ESPN News HD, Bravo HD, Disney HD, and Toon Disney HD are supposed to roll out to customers sometime within the next week or so... :D

2. ABC Family is uplinked. But do we know when it will go live to the customer?

Any idea on when we will be seeing them in our program guides for us to watch? (Even if it is stretch-o-vision HD, I never really notice that its stretched... )

I may not watch all the channels that they add, but I am an HD whore and just want to have them in the program guide. Bragging right persay.

Thanks!
-Clayton

Oh, and since this is my first post ever on here, let me say "Hi!". :)

TWC HD doesn't exist yet. It launches in June.
Tony I have seen you post this a few times, but how do you explain the HD content that is actually on that channel? The sat and cable companies that do carry it arent just upconverting all of it. The "official" launch may be later, but TWC is putting out some HD content NOW

John, I can't get why I'm asking Digi, but get answers from you ?
I'm proposing to kill the monopoly. :D
So, healthy competition will help ppl to obtain more info and in same time when it available.

PS. Personally, I think your latest formatting worst what I've seen. Hard to view, cluttered repeating words, totally unattractive, especially compare with Digi's format.

Last edited:
Ok, trying to clear things up: :confused:

Any idea on when we will be seeing them in our program guides for us to watch? (Even if it is stretch-o-vision HD, I never really notice that its stretched... )

I may not watch all the channels that they add, but I am an HD whore

Oh, and since this is my first post ever on here, let me say "Hi!". :)

Welcome....

You never really notice that its stretched? Do you notice that it is NOT HD?

I guess whore is right? :eek:

John, I can't get why I'm asking Digi, but get answers from you ?
I'm proposing to kill the monopoly. :D
So, healthy competition will help ppl to obtain more info and in same time when it available.
Gee. private message in wrong place?

So, when are you going to post your Uplink Report? :D

My guess is they had the tables defined and decided to just add them anyways. Had AMC14 made it to 61.5, they might have been able to test from 72.5 or 77 when they were going to move echo6. We also saw all the spotbeam TIDs show up way before they started messing with the spotbeams at 61.5. Could be bug testing receiver firmware to make sure all models can handle the extra information.

I really don't see EA launching until they can get a bird up, tested, and FCC approved at 72.5 or 77W. In fact, I don't even see the point in putting up EA content on 61.5 until that happens.

Direct has added a new Sports Network!

CBS College Sports Network Goes High-Def - 5/7/2008 3:03:00 PM - Multichannel News

CBS College Sports Network HD

Doesn't sound like D* customers will be missing much on this channel until the fall. From the article:

"While CBS College Sports Network HD is currently an upconverted simulcast of standard-def service, the channel will begin producing some of its college football games in the enhanced format this fall, including five Navy games."

I will stand corrected if D* subscribers indicate that the upconverted SD content looks great.

Welcome....

You never really notice that its stretched? Do you notice that it is NOT HD?

I guess whore is right? :eek:

Yeah, I am definitely an HD titled channel whore. :D

Yeah, I can definitly tell the difference with the picture quality. Big difference.

Just wondering when those channels will be up... Sadly enough, I can't wait for ABC Family and Bravo in HD, come on... You know you wanna check out the barely legal chicks on the Real Housewives of Orange County in HD! :yikes