Dishnetworks HD locals

How many Local HD networks do you think is required to be considered having HD locals

Votes: 5 3.7%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 14 10.3%

Votes: 60 44.1%

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • more/all

Votes: 43 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Just wondering how many of you guys think Dishnetwork shouldn't be able to count a city for having HD locals when they don't carry atleast the 4 major networks in HD. (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX)

I think (ABC,CBS,NBC,and Fox) must be in every DMA before E* or even D* can claim a City has HD locals.
1 is unacceptable. If I was signing up for service for the first time ,and a CSR told me HD locals were available in my city, and I found out I only get 1 local network in HD. I would freak out!

Also, they should be on satellites that most current subscribers have. It does no good to current subs for the locals to be on 61.5, when very few of the current subscribers have a dish pointed at that location.

Also, they should be on satellites that most current subscribers have. It does no good to current subs for the locals to be on 61.5, when very few of the current subscribers have a dish pointed at that location.

For us East Coasters, they go to 61.5 or they don't go. I'd rather see them go to 61.5, where a Dish can be added for a few bucks and/or a new commitment than not see them launched at all.

I think any local that carries at least 10% HD content should be required. If it doesn't have much HD, Dish shouldn't have to carry it.

Satellites don't have unlimited bandwidth.

Com on, people. Both Direct and Dish would love to be able to broadcast all their programming from one orbital location.

But it doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
but if they are willing to put 1 on instead of all, why should they withold it? My DMA, Dayton, doesn't have any HD locals, but if they provided me with one as soon as they were able to I'd be somewhat happy. Sure I'd like them all, but I would be more disappointed if I knew that I could have 1, but they were witholding it until they were able to get all 4.

Satellites don't have unlimited bandwidth.

Com on, people, use your brains. Both Direct and Dish would love to be able to broadcast all their programming from one orbital location.

But it doesn't work that way.

Yes. I realize it does not work that way. I'm just venting about my situation.

Hd locals

Just wondering how many of you guys think Dishnetwork shouldn't be able to count a city for having HD locals when they don't carry atleast the 4 major networks in HD. (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX)

I live about 30 miles north of harrisburg p.a. and dish still does not offer any of my locals in HD can't get my network tv either other than distant super stations but don't want to have to pay any more my bill is already high enough,asked dish 3 times already over the past 10 month's about my locals in Hd and all they say is soon!!

I think they should carry all of the available Big Four plus PBS (if available) at a minimum.

If a market has only a subset of the five, then what is available should all be offered.

I would vote for all available HD. That includes not only the big 4 but add to that CW, MyTV, PBS along with any independents that show some HD and all the available SD digital sub channels in your market.

Being in the NYC DMA I have CW in HD but some are not so lucky.

I think they should carry all of the available Big Four plus PBS (if available) at a minimum.

I agree with the above poster. This should be a minimum. I feel for those who only get one or two. It was just the past 6 months(?) that we finally get the Fox feed from Sacramento. Luckily for me I can get them all in real clear HD with my antenna.

HD locals and Locals Should be 1st priority.

This thread is useless.

Dish cannot swap their national channels off the 119 and 110 with channels off the 61.5, 72.7, 129, and 148.

I mean that would be freaking-A-great if they could broadcast all their HD locals and locals from the 110 while broadcasting national channels from 119.