Dishonline getting Better.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that Dishonline is getting better with more free offerings(Not as Good as cable yet,but getting there).I just upgraded my DSL to 3 mbps and it seems to download shows alot quicker,and I decided to upgrade my DSL to 6 mbps that will be starting 8/14/09 and I will update how much faster Downloads are.Before with my 1 Mbps DSL it would sometimes take a full day to download a program.

Now with Dish getting better with Dishonline I dont miss cable so much,and also with my Now with Dish getting better with Dishonline I dont miss cable so much,and also with my Netflix player and faster Internet I am all set.

To me, Dishonline will never be the same as cable until they push these to the box and not have to download from the net. The ONLY thing I miss about cable is on demand.

Yup lots of free stuff, but try finding something you want to watch.

Its almost impossible

Epecially when its a series and listed is only the first bit of the title of the show, and there is 15 of the same titles shows. :)

Yes, I've noticed that too. Only trouble: the list is getting so darn long it takes forever to scroll down and find what you want! Selecting just the freebies helps. But there still must be a better way to organize so much information.

Yeah I agree

Yes, I've noticed that too. Only trouble: the list is getting so darn long it takes forever to scroll down and find what you want! Selecting just the freebies helps. But there still must be a better way to organize so much information.
The list is very long and almost immpossible to find anything ,but what i find most annoying is when you find something to download and start the download and try to go back to list it takes you back to the beggining.So if you plan on downloading try to remember where you were at and start from there by pushing up arrows)

Yeah Its a task to find shows

Yup lots of free stuff, but try finding something you want to watch.

Its almost impossible

Especially when its a series and listed is only the first bit of the title of the show, and there is 15 of the same titles shows. :)

yeah I agree its a task to find shows,but there are a few if you willing to look (or bored like I was one night).The sort feature is helpful.

Not quite ON Demand

To me, Dishonline will never be the same as cable until they push these to the box and not have to download from the net. The ONLY thing I miss about cable is on demand.

I agree its not quite ON Demand like cable,but I will see tommorrow when I get superfast (to me)DSL 6mbps.If it could download in a few minutes as oppossed to a day or hours it might not be so bad.

They need a better interface for Dish Online. Is there anything on the internet instead that can send the video to download to your receiver?

I just hit sort and FREE content on Tv entertainment and I have all I want to download. I don't use the internet to download movies in sd or hd. The movie VOD prices are way too high with DISH.

To me, DishOnline is a nice idea - but it is not finished. To go into 'TV Entertainment' and see '1 of 2789' is not very useful. With just a few updates this could be much better: folders/categories (an obvious one already mentioned).
Some sort of "Download Dishpass" - for free items - if you are following a series set up a download the series option - this would be closer to 'on demand' as it would download when available, not when you went and looked for it.
How about an option to integrate the regular serarch with the DishOnline search? Or at least give them similar looks?

Yes, I had cable's On Demand for years - and it is one of the only features I miss about my cable service. Forget the download isue, I just want to be able to find stuff easily.

Bill

I find myself watching more foreign language tv shows from some of the European websites and just downloading them from the sites or using a torrent (sometimes much much faster).

I tried Dish online for an older episode of Boston legal and had to give up. My top speed was 34Kb.

Ended up getting it from a Japanese television website .

You have both choices. Some titles ARE pushed onto your DVR and are just waiting there to be purchased/watched. Separate area from your DVR'd items.

You have both choices. Some titles ARE pushed onto your DVR and are just waiting there to be purchased/watched. Separate area from your DVR'd items.

I should have said hd on demand. Since I am a pure hd snob now.;)

I agree Dishonline is getting better. This maybe old news but I was just able to watch one of my downloads on TV2.
Thanks Dish for getting something right.

yeah dish online is pretty crappy. they need a search function on there to find thing's easier.
and also a lot more free content like movies and shows.
why should we have to pay twice to watch a show or movie?
i understand video on demand not being free but online where you have to download the movies and pay for them.
that is just ridiculous.

I have a 16mbps down connection and I can't achieve a DL speed faster than 5.2 mbps. Dish also incorrectly reports the download speed as mb/s. Right now I'm getting 3.57 mbps and when I do a speed test I am getting about 12mbps. Dish needs to SPEED IT UP!!!

If they could figure out how to do it like netflix that would be great! Netflix over the Xbox works flawlessly even for HD content. I don't know what the resolution is for netflix HD but it isn't full screen. Though viewing it in full screen doesn't hurt the picture much IMO.

Well I browsed through the Dish online content last night. I downloaded four different HD programs. Three were music videos and a George Strait concert. All four showed to be in HD. But of course after downloading each one I find they are all in SD. This blows. All four programs were a part of CMT. So why show a program as HD when it's obviously not???

I didn't realize how good Directv's online offering was until I lost it. I pretty much took for granted that I could browse by channel and download good HD programs to my DVR at any time. Dish calls its Showtime package Showtime Unlimited but I have not been able to find any Showtime programming in the on demand list.

I think Dish Network is a great company but their online service is being neglected. Bad interface and high prices for on demand programming.

I just went in DishOnline and went to the Just added section...

A lot of NFL stuff has been added.

Also they should correct the type on one of them which is called the 20009 Season Preview. ;) Thats a long way to look ahead. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)