Dishpass

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
I'm sitting here with perma-grin over my new 722's hd picture (dogfights in HD is pretty sweet)..

So I haven't read the book yet, but I'm setting up all my timers again and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me WTH this dishpass is good for other than making a bunch of timers for shows I don't even want..

I dishpass "heroes" and I get 50 timers set to record all new shows that have "heroes" somewhere in the name.. If I didn't know it was a program "feature" I'd be making a bug report..

I use it for things like Nasa on HDNET, to pick off shuttle landings and lift-offs.

Common words don't really work, but if you can get the right combination for things that are irregularly scheduled it works well.

For weekly stuff, the normal timer works better, and you can say "new" or "all" episodes.

Although with this d*** WGA strike, things like Leno, et al are a problem :(

LER

I'm sitting here with perma-grin over my new 722's hd picture (dogfights in HD is pretty sweet)..

So I haven't read the book yet, but I'm setting up all my timers again and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me WTH this dishpass is good for other than making a bunch of timers for shows I don't even want..

I dishpass "heroes" and I get 50 timers set to record all new shows that have "heroes" somewhere in the name.. If I didn't know it was a program "feature" I'd be making a bug report..

Is there an exact match option on the 722's? I just tried this with my 625 and made sure I checked on "Exact Match" and only 5 matches (like it was supposed to) came back for Heroes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts