dishpointer question...

akgarrett62

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Cookeville, TN
on their site, it won't show photos of my neighborhood...just points out the location...i am guessing that's somewhat normal.

when you set the satellite that you want and it brings all the info up, and it shows the "d=163" and "h=142" as an example, is that the distance and height that you have to have w/o any obstruction in able to have LOS to that sat?

on their site, it won't show photos of my neighborhood...just points out the location...i am guessing that's somewhat normal.

when you set the satellite that you want and it brings all the info up, and it shows the "d=163" and "h=142" as an example, is that the distance and height that you have to have w/o any obstruction in able to have LOS to that sat?

It means if there is any obstruction 142 or more feet in height within 163 feet of the dish's location in line of the satellite, you will likely have a blocked signal. You need to move the little red blobby thing to the distance of interest to see what the max height of an object could be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)