HD locals in Rockford, IL

amcrebelfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Northern Illinois
I am a noob to all this, I am trying to find out when if ever there will be HD locals in the Rockford, Il area. Is there anyway of locating that information. When I do google searches every topic is very old. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am a noob to all this, I am trying to find out when if ever there will be HD locals in the Rockford, Il area. Is there anyway of locating that information. When I do google searches every topic is very old. Thanks in advance for any help.
Does Rockford have a tv station and if not, what city or cities would your locals transmit from?

DirecTv has announced them for this month:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...hd-locals-launch-schedule-november-march.html

DISH has not announced Rockford, and I suspect it will be awhile. The spotbeam for Rockford also covers a number of other markets, such as Milwaukee, Madison, Grand Rapids, Bloominghton, etc. I think they have filled up the spot with other markets they deem more strategic. Finally, DISH and DirecTv seem to be splitting up the smaller markets lately and not duplicating them.

Bottom line, you either need to go OTA with your DISH receiver or DirecTv.

There is also the option of 'moving' to Chicago for HD as you are in the beam. However, if you go that route, it is probably better to find a local installer who would be willing to set you up with eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts