Dishpro LNB to a Legacy Receiver Question???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
If you hook up a Dishpro LNB to a legacy receiver without a Dishpro adaptor, is it the odd transponders or the even transponders which you can pick up?

To make a long story short, I got am Arabic friend whos mom is visiting from the Middle East for a week and he wants to setup a FTA receiver so she can watch the arabic channels to pick up Telestar5, transponder 25 for The Abu Dahbi channel.

Its a temporary mount since its only going to be setup for a week, and the only thing I got in stock is a SuperDish with a stacked Dishpro LNBF.

Considering all the arabic stuff is on Odd transponders, I think I can get away using a Dishpro FSS KU LNB without having to buy the proper LNB.

I heard that if the LNB is mounted vertically, you can get one set of TP's. If its horizontal, then its the other.

I can't remember which one is which, but it does work :)

Fssiii Atlanta ,ga

your receiver will not work and that is because the satellite you are trying to get is in another location, if that werent a fact, then you could get that channel with your superdish, to get that channel, or channels, you need to have the provider of that satellite company to install a temporary dish for that week

bigbark34 said:
your receiver will not work and that is because the satellite you are trying to get is in another location, if that werent a fact, then you could get that channel with your superdish, to get that channel, or channels, you need to have the provider of that satellite company to install a temporary dish for that week

um, yes it will. People have done it before.

He is trying to get a FTA channel, but all he has is a DishPro FSS LNB (Claude is a Dish dealer). So instead of a regualr FSS (or as we would say Legacy), he wants to use a DishPro LNBF.

It WILL Work. I just cant remember how it hooks up. (which way to turn it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)