help on dish (newbie here)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dixie

Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
hey guys any help on what size dish i need to get for my pansat 2500a come to find out that my 18 inch dish dont get good singles some one told me that i should get 30 inch dish with lnbf what im looking for is the fta and what is the diffrents when i look at lybsat.com i notice they have a c band and c/ku band and a ku band there is some channels that i want to get on the c/ku band any help here please. :eek:

You will need a 30" dish with a Ku band LNBF for most FTA channels, if you want to get C band channels you would need a VERY large dish (6-10 feet), we have a FTA MPEG2 forum here at Satelliteguys.us feel free to come over there for any help you need with your set up.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Please use punctuation next time....:)

To get a lot of the FTA you need a 30" dish. If you have the real estate, get a C-Band (6' or larger) :)

I'm thinking of adding a FTA system to my setup. Currently, I live on the third floor of an apartment building and a roof over hang forces me to install just outside my balcony. A pole cannot be added so, can the dish be motorized using a regular FTA dish mount?

most of the FTA dishes would work on any mast (Dish, Evu, or the one that comes with it). The FTA masts are a little taller so you can fit a motor on it. When PSB installed my motor, we had to swap masts (I was using a Dish 500 mast which is about 3-4 inches shorter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts