Dishpro LNB to a Legacy Receiver Question???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
If you hook up a Dishpro LNB to a legacy receiver without a Dishpro adaptor, is it the odd transponders or the even transponders which you can pick up?

To make a long story short, I got am Arabic friend whos mom is visiting from the Middle East for a week and he wants to setup a FTA receiver so she can watch the arabic channels to pick up Telestar5, transponder 25 for The Abu Dahbi channel.

Its a temporary mount since its only going to be setup for a week, and the only thing I got in stock is a SuperDish with a stacked Dishpro LNBF.

Considering all the arabic stuff is on Odd transponders, I think I can get away using a Dishpro FSS KU LNB without having to buy the proper LNB.

I heard that if the LNB is mounted vertically, you can get one set of TP's. If its horizontal, then its the other.

I can't remember which one is which, but it does work :)

Fssiii Atlanta ,ga

your receiver will not work and that is because the satellite you are trying to get is in another location, if that werent a fact, then you could get that channel with your superdish, to get that channel, or channels, you need to have the provider of that satellite company to install a temporary dish for that week

bigbark34 said:
your receiver will not work and that is because the satellite you are trying to get is in another location, if that werent a fact, then you could get that channel with your superdish, to get that channel, or channels, you need to have the provider of that satellite company to install a temporary dish for that week

um, yes it will. People have done it before.

He is trying to get a FTA channel, but all he has is a DishPro FSS LNB (Claude is a Dish dealer). So instead of a regualr FSS (or as we would say Legacy), he wants to use a DishPro LNBF.

It WILL Work. I just cant remember how it hooks up. (which way to turn it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.