dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
because you you have to. Call it what you want, but it's not a major difference in price unless you start adding in tons of extras. Even then, it's not major.

That website does not include the coming dish price increase.

By the comments made here defending dish, you would expect their prices to be significantly lower on programming, but that is just not the case. Hence, the quick shift to "equipment" taken by people who have made such claims.
Equipment adds to the bottom line, and in the final equation, that's all that matters.

because you you have to. Call it what you want, but it's not a major difference in price unless you start adding in tons of extras. Even then, it's not major.

That website does not include the coming dish price increase.

By the comments made here defending dish, you would expect their prices to be significantly lower on programming, but that is just not the case. Hence, the quick shift to "equipment" taken by people who have made such claims.

Whether you get hit in programming or in the receiver, who cares? It's money I am paying each month. There are some newer TVs where you may not need receivers for, but I still think they charge you a fee for those You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise. The new 2015 charges have a $93.99 charge versus a $105.99 charge (for a 2 TV set up). That's $12 a month x 12 = $144 difference by my calculations. That's bottom line pricing. Admit it, Dish is cheaper and this is WHY you are here.

If you really love Fox paying an additional $144 a year is something you can do to change all of this. It's relatively easy to do. The hardest part is probably going through the cancel process. I had Dish, then I had Directv, and then I came back to Dish. My reason was the Pac 12 network. Directv refuses to carry it and I had a hard, time consuming process, to cancel.

Whether you get hit in programming or in the receiver, who cares? It's money I am paying each month. There are some newer TVs where you may not need receivers for, but I still think they charge you a fee for those You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise. The new 2015 charges have a $93.99 charge versus a $105.99 charge (for a 2 TV set up). That's $12 a month x 12 = $144 difference by my calculations. That's bottom line pricing. Admit it, Dish is cheaper and this is WHY you are here.

dish is cheaper (for now), but it is not by a huge amount.

Don't assume things as so many have given this dispute.

You are fooling yourself if you believe dish has significantly cheaper programming by "holding the line".

You are fooling yourself if you believe dish has significantly cheaper programming by "holding the line".
You had me at "Dish is cheaper". :)

Reactions: ChadT41
DirecTV could be $10 cheaper a month and I wouldn't switch. Dish could have many channels gone for multiple months and I wouldn't switch. The hopper is such a superior product than any other DVR that it doesn't matter. I will always ride out these disputes.

Well I see another thread that is going to be closed soon.

Please keep it on topic and not each other please. Thank you. :)

I never watch Fox News so I have not missed anything. Therefore I feel no need to be compinsated for not having them around.

Did get the PPV coupons, which we will gladly use. Don't watch PPV without them!
This makes tons of sense that doesn't.

Well I see another thread that is going to be closed soon.

Please keep it on topic and not each other please. Thank you. :)

Someone asks is "Fox back yet" and I state that they are not and they are yelling censorship and pounding their fists and that is somehow political. It's actually reality. Dear Lord, if anything this is censorship. But hey, its a private board, whatever I guess, you make the rules. Fox personalities lose credibility on the censorship commercials.

Reactions: Rolling Joe
The AMC dispute went on three months ( during the months with NO Walking Dead to show and only returned the night of the premier that year), so the FOX dispute could last at least this long if not longer. I doubt that Charlie will give in on this one. I see Rupert Murdock capitulating, due to dropping ratings on FOX news. This will definitely hit old Rupert in the wallet, having the advertising rates drop- due to dropping ratings. IF he doesn't give in to Charlie, I see Charlie dropping them for good, in order to set a precedent to all channels: if you pull this type of crap , he'll drop you too. It might just be what is needed to break through all these ridiculous extortion attempts from the channel companies like FOX. If he did this , you better bet that other companies will think twice before trying the same trick as FOX did: attempt to re-negotiate two unrelated channel contracts that aren't up for renewal, at the same time as one that is .

Reactions: navychop
Empire, I don't know if you are being purposefully deceptive or just not getting it, but in order to be a customer with either company, there will be programming fees, and equipment fees. The total of each IN SIMILAR CONFIGURATIONS is how to compare the costs of each.

So, the programming packs of similar size are a few dollars cheaper on Dish, but you also need equipment to watch that programming.

Equipment fees:
1TV, no DVR: $0 Dish, $6 DTV
1TV, Basic DVR: $0-$7 Dish, $21 DTV
1TV, Whole-Home DVR: $12 Dish, $21 DTV
2TVs, Whole-Home DVR: $19-$22 Dish, $27 DTV
3TVs, Whole-Home DVR: $26-$29 Dish, $33 DTV

When you add the savings between similar-sized programming packs and the savings from equipment fees for similar TV configurations, Dish is at least $10 cheaper (sometimes much more), until you get up into the higher configurations of 3 or more TVs.

I'm not even getting into the other Dish configurations that save even more money, like what I have: Effectively a 2-TV Whole-Home DVR (1 HD, 1 SD) for $7/mo.

Empire, I don't know if you are being purposefully deceptive or just not getting it, but in order to be a customer with either company, there will be programming fees, and equipment fees. The total of each IN SIMILAR CONFIGURATIONS is how to compare the costs of each.

So, the programming packs of similar size are a few dollars cheaper on Dish, but you also need equipment to watch that programming.

Equipment fees:
1TV, no DVR: $0 Dish, $6 DTV
1TV, Basic DVR: $0-$7 Dish, $21 DTV
1TV, Whole-Home DVR: $12 Dish, $21 DTV
2TVs, Whole-Home DVR: $19-$22 Dish, $27 DTV
3TVs, Whole-Home DVR: $26-$29 Dish, $33 DTV

When you add the savings between similar-sized programming packs and the savings from equipment fees for similar TV configurations, Dish is at least $10 cheaper (sometimes much more), until you get up into the higher configurations of 3 or more TVs.

I'm not even getting into the other Dish configurations that save even more money, like what I have: Effectively a 2-TV Whole-Home DVR (1 HD, 1 SD) for $7/mo.

Not quite $10 at the lowest, but that was considering prices before the latest increase.
Some here have repeadetly said dish "holding the line" has kept programming costs low....

Purposely deceptive??

Assuming things as well?

Last edited:
Not quite $10 at the lowest, but that was considering prices before the latest increase.
Some here have repeadetly said dish "holding the line" has kept programming costs low....

Purposely deceptive??

Assuming things as well?
Let me quote something somebody said here:
"dish is cheaper"

Were they being deceptive when they said that?

Well here is Directs rate change that starts in February....I got this link from our Direct forum....http://www.directv.com/cms3/customer/DIRECTV_PRICING_2015/full_pricing_table_directv_2015.pdf

Looks like Direct will even be slightly higher....

I find this article rather interesting. We may have finally reached the tipping point on the pricing power these programmers have. I think Charlie may be setting a precedent here that in the end may benefit consumers. They may finally realize that yes we can live without their overpriced product.

http://www.ibtimes.com/dish-network...petitors-resist-openly-poaching-angry-1783720
Leave it to Charlie to lead the way in the industry again. He is right that we can definitely do without some of this crap on these channels and I don't just mean Fox. I mean I would rather see him pull the channels for good than give into the ridiculous extortion price hikes for these channels. Drop them and keep the price down. IF people want these channels that are dropped ,they can get them from other providers like Directv and pay more for them. To me many of the channels dropped like AMC that was off for 3 months , are only good for like one show. I can pay to watch Walking dead per episode on Amazon and save the money the rest of the time. Same for BBC AMERICA. I watch Dr. Who only on that channel. I don't need to pay another $15.00 a month to get this channel for the few weeks a year that Dr. Who is on.

If Charlie is successful in this move to stand up to these hikes, others in the industry will follow too. It only takes a leader and once again Charlie is leading the way. IF the consumers only understood this will keep their bottom line good as well and stay with DISH ,instead of hysterically react and drop them and go to the competition , he would gain even more power to stand up against the channels, who keep pulling this crap. That is why Fox is screaming on every commercial they can put out that you should switch away from DISH . They gain more traction and more leverage in the negotiations the more churn that DISH suffers. But Fox loses every time a subscriber can't see their news and business channels, because that cause the price for advertising they charge to go down. Eventually one side will blink and I'm betting that Charlie won't be the one this time.:reading

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)