dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have a Playstation, so I'd have to buy one and pay for MLB content. How much would that cost?
Look @ the 150$ sign up bonus PLUS 1st yr savings.
Brother your way way ahead with long term savings going for as long as you like. ;)
And.... The best EQ / service avail in pay TV.
Remember I can have 1/2 off another service and refuse it for Dish which in today's pocket lined society ... Means something.( I guess/ think)
And i have enough D EQ. To outfit a city block of homes .
Theres a reason I have what I have and its Not a dollar bill ( smile )

uhoh... keepfoxnews.com is back to saying Dish Dropped them?
Not only dropped, but CENSORING.

Weird, as channel 204 has Charlie stating they've reached an agreement that will keep Fox News and Fox Business on Dish for "many, many years to come". Plus, dishstandsforyou.com is making the same announcement that Dish and Fox have agreed on major terms, and only have to iron out the details.

One man's "ironing out details" is another man's "censoring".

Our chairman is pleased to announce that DISH and Fox have agreed to the major terms of a new long-term agreement that will restore Fox News and Fox Business for our customers. We are still working with Fox on a few contractual details but we are optimistic that these channels will be restored shortly.

Thank you for your continued patience during these negotiations.

To view additional details on our progress and see our chairman’s video, visit dishstandsforyou.com or tune to channel 204.

The other thing to consider that that most carriers have a clause in their contracts with program providers that say they get the same price as the lowest price a competitor gets. This means if Dish fights for a price concession on a channel, or bundle of channels and wins, those savings get passed on to everyone thereby helping hold price increases down for every carrier. But as mentioned by Gary, some of these tough negotiations have more to do with ancillary items such as internet streaming, which packages the channels are to be on, guaranteed minimums, etc.
I'm *TOLD* by someone who should know what's in the contracts (take that for what it's worth) that they try to keep "most favored nation" clauses OUT of contracts.

Reactions: Tampa8
Well folks I for one and happy to see this finally resolved. I know for many people this is a very important channel for them... and I know for others it's not. So things got heated at times from both sides and we tried our best to keep things from spiraling out of control as best we could. Yes we had to shut down a few threads and delete some off topic and flaming posts. Its something we honestly hate to do, and I was kind of surprised that this dispute did not become a big topic in our political talk forum called the Pit.

I did find that no matter what side you were on that there was some great passion in the dispute. More and more I am personally seeing that you need to fight for what you want and I think its good to see people exorcizing their voices and working for a goal.

I thank those who understood why we had to close some threads and remove some flaming posts. Again its not something we like to do but was something we had to do.

Most importantly thanks for being SatelliteGuys members. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)