Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
Anyone know of a formula to calculate signal loss over a span of wire?

The dish is about 110' feet from entrance to house and another 50 feet to reciever once inside. Anyone know the distance limitation of RG-6U cable?

Are amplifiers an option?

This is what I have in place:
90cm Dish w/ SH031 .3db Univ LNB
SG2100 Motor
PANSAT 2500A

Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks.

Great!!! Thanks for the info. I see what you mean... I won't have to worry about that distance at all.

There is also the gain of the LNB/LNBF to consider which I believe is the power it put out to the receiver? Most or 50+ but I don't know how to factor that part in?

Thanks for the links PSB.

questic said:
Great!!! Thanks for the info. I see what you mean... I won't have to worry about that distance at all.

Ive run 200 feet of cable for FTA with no problems.

Doing it right now with G10...running a line from the dish down the side of the house into the house across the supended ceiling out into the garage and up into the room (dish is on south side of house and room is on north)

total....about 200 feet (dont know the EXACT total but its over 175')

and before you ask.....I live in a townhouse so its either this way or up over the roof and I didnt want that (cant go around as there are neighbors on both sides)

Signals from the LNBF to the receiver should not require any amplification if using a Quad Shield RG6, but DiSEqC commands from the receiver to the motor or switches can become an issue with longer coax runs. Some receivers handle a 300' run to a motor while others struggle with 150'.

Inline amplifiers sometimes help the incoming signal if using extremely long cable runs (300'), but often they just increase the signal strength. The noise also increases and lowers the quality of the signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)