Distant networks, Locals, Supers and Voom out...(now back)

i don't think the majority of fta people do alter there system. most are foreign and get fta for that. others like me enjoy seeing other country's programing. watching news from Europe. i cannot understand them but its kind of neat there are some limited English. i think most pirates are fixing smart cards to get dish not fta receivers. and i do agree any unauthorized use is theft. and a fta hobbyist is no more a thief than anyone else. like saying someone with beer in there fridge is a drunk.

goaliebob99 said:
No, actually he is right. We all know that free to air is not free to steal!

I just went Sadoun Satellite Sales website and clicked on and registered at their forum. They do not allow any talk of hacking....same as here. I would think that in order to recieve someones programming that is encryted that you would have to have their system to recieve it....wether it is working normal or modified. If I am thinking wrong then please clear that up for me.

i think most pirates are fixing smart cards to get dish not fta receivers. and i do agree any unauthorized use is theft.

Until a month ago, I would say INCORRECT.

Most people stealing would download illegal 3rd party software into a FTA box and make some changes and they could see Dish Network.

Now Dish & Bell have clamped down on it and so now they’re back to cards (like when they were doing it to DirecTV).

When Dish changed from Nagra 1 to 2 (AKA Blue Card to Yellow Card) for a bout a month the price of FTA boxes were very low. Then they figured out how to steal that and the boxes jumped $50 overnight. Don’t think it was due to parts not available.

and a fta hobbyist is no more a thief than anyone else
What in the sam hell are you talking about? Am I stealing anything? NO. Why? Because the programming up there that we are picking up unencrypted is free. We are not manipulating the boxes to steal encrypted programming.

So don’t you ever say a LEGAL FTA’er is no more a thief than anyone else. Because we are not. There is a reason its called “Free to Air”. “Free to Steal” is not FTA

you are correct with the proper knowledge (although i my self do not know how nor want to) can get fta equipment to receive scrambled signals. but that's not what they are sold to be-able to do. just like a dishnetwork boxes needs authorization to get certain channels if i "tweak" it it can get the other channels. just the same with fta equipment no difference. both must be altered to get channels you are not authorized to get. so just because i have fta equipment doesn't make me more likely to pirate channels. by the way i have a $130.00 bill with dishnetwork and another for $20.00 with directv. and this topic needs to change back to its original subject. if you wish to continue this topic please start a new thread so more can join in and understand.

:clap thanks iceberg! i really don't know about the theft nor do i. i hate it and to say we are thieves just because we use fta equipment.:mad:

Dish outage

The Dish outage was more than likely storm related... The chicago Dish uplink center is in Mokena Il. There were severs storms in joliet 5 miles west of there with flooding power outages and lots of lightning. There was even a funnel cloud located in Rockdale south of joliet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)