DIY Install are you a FTA perfectionist ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DIY Install are you a FTA perfectionist ?.

• I am a FTA perfectionist .

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • Not perfect - Not into tweaking - but watching my FTA.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • N/A Installed by someone other than myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
I've learned so much since the first day I decided to read the forums and other technical sites including Sadoun's installation guides .

Eventhough there were times when I got real frustrated , I now have quite a bit of confidence and have more comprehension on FTA Satellite equipment and its relation to the Clarke belt.

I love to tweak , especially when I know I can gain % Quality and when everyone in my family says it looks fine that isn't good enough for me because that green bar has to be maxed out , really you never know when a little bit of overcast is gonna be adding misery to your signal equation.

I've decide to add a Fun Poll to this Thread and yes it probably wont be perfect but it will be fun to see how others respond.

you know i don't think i'm a perfectionist but i like tuning the dish just as much as watching FTA :)
sometimes i tune more than i watch but i love finding feeds and watching some christian shows while i tweak a dish :) or listen to some christian contempary videos

I voted for "FTA Perfectionist", but actually I'm not. I do like to tinker from time to time, but that doesn't necessarilly make me a perfectionist. More like someone who can't leave well enough alone. I do like to try different things, but still I'm not really a perfectionist?
Besides, the other 2, don't apply to me period!

I voted for "FTA Perfectionist", but actually I'm not.

That's the thing about some polls ,unless it's very well thought out with many choices there is never a perfect response.

I kept it simple with 3 choices and at least the replies in this thread compliment the poll.

I wouldn't call myself a perfectionist...but I love tweaking the dish

I can't keep a satellite setup the same for very long. I'd work on it all winter if we didn't have that snow :D

My motorized hasnt been touched except for a LNB swap in probably 3 years. The rest has been though :)

"I am a FTA perfectionist", It's funny when I know a signal should be at 90% and it is at 88% or 89% it is time to play with my dishes.

I adjusted both of my dishes today and now my C-Band reception is much better :)

I guess I'm a perfectionist on setting up the FTA -- at least when it comes to signal quality. It looks ugly and I'm surprised the landlord never bugged me about the setup: it's attached to the clothesline pole and that isn't 100% plum. However, I get everything from 123 to 72 without major issues, so I'm okay with it. Improvising is a good thing :)

However, I usually spend a few minutes nudging the crap out the motor so I can gt the best quality before I settle in. I think it's a Murphy's Law thing: when I go to AMC3 to watch PBS, I know it'll start raining and I'll suddenly be watching it break up.

I am a perfectionist about most things technical, from tweaking to equipment appearance :D I'm sure my aim is not 100 percent perfect on my dishes, but its as close as I dare get :)

I am definitely a FTA tune-a-holic. I have my nominal signal quality levels memorized.
I have been battling my 10' sami for KU and losing so far! I will win this one when my Corotor gets here tomorrow.

Of course all my signals should be 100% LOL

Yea, I over-tweak too, just can't help it, I"m like that with most things in life, its really a curse, nothing is ever good enough, everything can be improved. I hardly ever actually watch anything on tv, too busy getting it just right:D

I try to be a perfectionist when setting it up that way I can watch tv and not have to mess with it when it's nasty outside.:)

Perfectionist.
I find myself "adjusting" the BUD for no good reason, measuring and re-measuring, it has to be correct, not just working.
Or buying items to "simplify" my setup.

I am undoubtedly a perfectionist.

If there is an ounce of signal quality there to gain, I want it.

If I know that a certain dish should be getting better signal, I will spend hours making it better and as Al says, sometimes I would have been better off to have left it alone.

I guess I must be a perfectionist. Playing with the dishes is just as fun if not funner that watching the tv. Maybe it is an obsession, or wait they call that a hobby.

I am undoubtedly a perfectionist.

If there is an ounce of signal quality there to gain, I want it.

If I know that a certain dish should be getting better signal, I will spend hours making it better and as Al says, sometimes I would have been better off to have left it alone.

Add another one to the list. Spending hours adjusting, tweaking and making it better (well in my mind). And it is so true that sometimes "I would have been better off to have left it alone".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)