DIY Smoker Build

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Slow down there mister. ;)

This is a fly by the seat of your pants build and I have no thought that far yet. :D

Most likely I will make a hook to pull the basket out.

Or just use a work glove. 200°F- 250°F isn't that hot. I've picked cooking grates up at that temperature before using my bare hands without any life threatening burns.

Slow down there mister. ;)

This is a fly by the seat of your pants build and I have no thought that far yet. :D

Most likely I will make a hook to pull the basket out.

:D Ok Ok. Just be careful with the straight handle on your basket. It may shift to one side when you pull it out.

You're lucky. I have to redo the entire kitchen, starting with removing the old flooring down to the sub-floor. And I have to replace several shut off valves that don't anymore, which will require draining the entire house. Then there's the garden walkway. And ......

Hmmm. Maybe we should have a honeydew forum. :sob:

When did we have the explosion at the smilie factory?

You're lucky. I have to redo the entire kitchen, starting with removing the old flooring down to the sub-floor. And I have to replace several shut off valves that don't anymore, which will require draining the entire house.

The kitchen is on my list for next year. :(

You're lucky. I have to redo the entire kitchen, starting with removing the old flooring down to the sub-floor. And I have to replace several shut off valves that don't anymore, which will require draining the entire house. Then there's the garden walkway. And ......

Hmmm. Maybe we should have a honeydew forum. :sob:

When did we have the explosion at the smilie factory?

It's painting the entire interior, including ceilings, for me. The smilies were for rey's birthday http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelliteguys-operations-center/255116-sweet-smilies.html. :focus: Looking forward to seeing the smoker.

Too bad I don't live closer. I love painting rooms, including ceilings. :D I did my parents entire second floor in a house they used to live in. So much fun. :D Hurry up with the bathroom, JAG. I'm so excited to see your smoker!!! :D :D

Do you do drywall? I hate doing drywall. Might end up finishing that job before we get to see this smoker, though. ;)

The end is in sight on the bathroom project. I may actually be able to do a little work on the smoker this weekend. Just pulled all of the pieces back out of the shed to begin the project.

The build has begun. I have all of the holes that are needed drilled and the coat of primer drying on it right now. Hopefully the rest of the paint will go on later today.

I would post a pick but not much to see right now except for a white barrel.

Painting was a complete disaster. Time to strip all of the paint from the barrel and start over again. The Concept was pretty cool but the execution was really bad. I keep forgetting that I don't have an ounce of talent when it comes to painting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)