DMS 4x1 DiSEqC switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TurboMazda

Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Some where in Puerto Rico
Hello guys, I recently add to my set up this switch because a friend bought it without knowing his receiver cannot handle DiSEqC 2.0 so I trade him my Chieta after I tested if the SkyBox S12 can work with the 2.0, it turns out my SkyBox works perfect with this switch I didn't have to do anything in the settings, now I read info about this switch and found the word Bi-directional now can someone explain me what it really does? what exactly this feature is going to help me? I did search with google and bing but to techy for me, I need simple English or example of this feature, Thanks in advance Turbo
p.s. I might have more questions about this switch and cascade.

Think it's to be compatible with some equipment that will answer back acknowledging that it switched or changed LO or whatever. I read something to this effect way long time ago. But I've never read of any equipment that actually does this. When this feature shows up in the FTA community is anyones guess. Must be some commercial stuff using it(???)

Thanks my friend, another question, I bought 8x1 digiwave DiSEqC switch and I will be using the cascade thingy, this DMS 4x1 can be use for cascade? I read in this forum a review of the DMS 8x1 and it didn't not work like the Digiwave did, something about uncommitted, the digiwave proved it can do cascade I hope the 4x1 Dms can be connected to the 8x1 digiwave in cascade if not then I'll have to buy another 4x1, thanks Turbo

TurboMazda
I didn't have to do anything in the settings, now I read info about this switch and found the word Bi-directional now can someone explain me what it really does?
Variants DiSEqC

-DiSEqC 1.0 - it allows to be switched between 4 companions;
-DiSEqC 1.1 - allows to switch more than 4 companions;
-DiSEqC 1.2 - allows to make the control for position..;
-DiSEqC 2.0 - the bilaterial mode of data exchange in DiSEqC 1.0 is added.

Levels DiSEqC 1. ? assume unidirectional communication - only transfer of commands from a receiver to remote terminal units. Levels DiSEqC 2. ? provide transfer, both commands from a receiver to remote terminal units, and answers of these devices to a receiver. Besides, depending on a set of formed executed commands and, accordingly, a set of supported devices these levels share on three subtotals: DiSEqC ?.0, DiSEqC ?.1 and DiSEqC ?.2. Here often there is a mess. For example, it is possible to assume, that level DiSEqC 2.0 above level DiSEqC 1.1, and a receiver supporting DiSEqC 2.0, should work, for example, with switch DiSEqC 1.1. Actually, DiSEqC 2.0 is «the two-forked version» level DiSEqC 1.0, and includes only a set of commands of level 1.0.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LNB will work and with DISEqC 4x1-1.0 or DiSEqC 4x1 - 2.0
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello. It is necessary it will be defined, how many you think to establish Dish and LNB.
If 4 LNB will go 1 DISEqC 4x1-1.0 or DiSEqC 4x1 - 2.0 report
If 6, 8, 10 LNB will go DISEgC 6x1-1.1 and DISEgC 8x1-1.1 and DISEgC 10x1-1.1
If it is more 8-16 LNB that below a photo and how to include. If the receiver supports report 1.1
At me on 4 Dish it is included 16 LNB.? by the cascade has connected 1 DISEqC 4x1-1.1 plus 4 DISEqC 4x1-1.0. Perfectly all works.
If at you is in a receiver 12V.?? it is possible to connect 8 LNB through the relay 12V.
There are at us on sale and switchboards DISEgC 16x1-1.1 and DISEgC 32x1-1.1- But they are expensive ---------------------------------------------------
It is possible and 40 LNB the cascade to connect-report 1.1.??? switchboard DISEgC 10x1-1.1 plus of 10 pieces DISEqC 4x1-1.0 or DiSEqC 4x1 - 2.0
-+ 64 LNB
---------------------------------------------------
???-1.1.jpg14e757a299393a15d76e72df093106c3.jpgaaf176428019dce24fc9d218d574e230.jpgDiSEqC_1-10.JPG16?1-?????.jpg?????-16?1.jpg???? 12V.jpgac803c767cc6.jpg0d5ad5f3afdb.jpg22kusing.png57f023cbe2db.jpg???-1.1-16LNB.jpg64 ???.jpg???-+12v--8 ???.jpg????? 4?1 1.1 ????.jpg90bb5fa16156.jpg??.??? 16?1 ?????.gif

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)