DMX audio on P9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Been tinkering with P9 for the last hour. I noticed that DMX LA music channels on my 922 has a lot of channels that Direct sells with the Sonic Tap service. Some channels are even only in Direct's high tier pkg. Also the DMX feeds are about 1 minute ahead of Direct (wonder why such a long delay on pizza? must be all that heavy compressing) The 4DTV rocks :music: :up :up

Last edited:
tvropro said:
Been tinkering with P9 for the last hour. I noticed that DMX LA music channels on my 922 has a lot of channels that Direct sells with the Sonic Tap service. Some channels are even only in Direct's high tier pkg. Also the DMX feeds are about 1 minute ahead of Direct (wonder why such a long delay on pizza? must be all that heavy compressing) The 4DTV rocks :music: :up :up

Regarding delays, I've noticed BigDish I ahead of DirecTV which is ahead of DishNetwork. I understand the difference between BigDish and Pizza but not between Pizza providers.

That said, 1 minute is a big difference!

Dish Network and DirecTV are both behind C-band, since they receive the same master signal as C-banders do, and then re-transmit over their Ku system.
Extra trip up & back down 22,000 miles does that.

I understand the delay with pizza but a minute or maybe more didn't time it is pretty long. BTW H2H is ahead of Direct on video channels also, and she's a second gen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)