DMX commercial music

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trikydiky

Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
I hope this is in the right area...probably get bashed if its not ....lol
I am looking for the satellite in which dmx carries their music channels. I called their center and the said it was on galaxy 25....but I can not find the transponder or the listing on that Sat...If someone could help me out I would greatly apreciate it.. I have to do a servie call and they do not have much info

Thanks

I sure hate it when people call the satellite providers. Not a good idea people. Most of them are in this for the money. :rant:

Yeah Atom Ant, guess I didn't really say that. What I inferred, is if there was a legitimate reason for the provider to give TP info, they would have said so.

OP, don't get me wrong. If you are looking for help, people on this board are cool about helping out. But some of the rules are not to talk about feeds, See the following links.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/66143-tip-iceberg-4.html#post597820

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...not-lyngsat-thelist-main-area.html#post633199

That DMX thing qualifies as a feed, I believe.

You appear to be new to this board, so it might be helpful to know the mods don't allow discussoin of viewing scrambled channels without paying for a subscription.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-about-stealing-satellite-tv-think-again.html

If you are looking for help about other stuff, be sure to ask.

You appear to be new to this board, so it might be helpful to know the mods don't allow discussoin of viewing scrambled channels without paying for a subscription.

Member since 2005!! O.O

Sometimes it doesn't ceases to amaze me when people have 4-5 years registered at a website/forum and never have read the rules... LOL.

Cheers

M.

I am not new to the board.... I just do not post much....as far as the rules go I am not asking anything illegal !! I have to do some service work for them !!Which is an 87 mile drive so I thought I would get all the info I need to have to make the job easier. That is why I came here !! cause from all the post I have read here it was very informative I saw nothing illegal going on here. I can assure you if I were loking for the wrong stuff....I could find it very easily else where. now that being said....I did call the number the provider gave me and THEY did not know the satellite it was on or where not sure... I asked them to hook me up with the the sat team (cause the would not give me the number ) so they could heilp me.. they would not do that cause I was not in the feild ?? Unlike a lot of you .. I do not do a lot of commercial work...so I am not up on all of the tech stuff...I thought I could ask for help here!!! You can be rest assured that can find the satellite when I get to the site..I have been in the buisness for 20 plus years...and didn't stay in it for my good looks...as far as your saying I was asking about transponder info....your wrong... I just asked what satellite they are on..and I believe that is not illegal.. by the way... I was looking for help ...and this is the result...go figure

thanks anyway

Yeah Atom Ant, guess I didn't really say that. What I inferred, is if there was a legitimate reason for the provider to give TP info, they would have said so.

OP, don't get me wrong. If you are looking for help, people on this board are cool about helping out. But some of the rules are not to talk about feeds, See the following links.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/66143-tip-iceberg-4.html#post597820

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...not-lyngsat-thelist-main-area.html#post633199

That DMX thing qualifies as a feed, I believe.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-about-stealing-satellite-tv-think-again.html

If you are looking for help about other stuff, be sure to ask.

Last edited:
???? and you are perfect I presume !!!!
PS...Mikhel..I do know the rules..I find your post rude and ignorant...you do not know what I do or my situation. you joined in 2008 and the reason you probably bash me is because you maybe don't know the answer...but just wanted to post so you could get your count up and look like a hero....hmmmmm !

Member since 2005!! O.O

Sometimes it doesn't ceases to amaze me when people have 4-5 years registered at a website/forum and never have read the rules... LOL.

Cheers

M.

I hope this is in the right area...probably get bashed if its not ....lol
I am looking for the satellite in which dmx carries their music channels. I called their center and the said it was on galaxy 25....but I can not find the transponder or the listing on that Sat...If someone could help me out I would greatly apreciate it.. I have to do a servie call and they do not have much info

Thanks

Interesting set of responses you got there. :)
There are several sats with digital music, but I'm not sure which ones are the DMX you're looking for, but since they said G25, I don't know what service it is, but there is some digital music on G19, which is where G25 used to be. Ie they may still be using the old sat name. It's on one of those transponders with the foreign channels. You might check on Lyngsat to see if that's what you're looking for.

Interesting to say the least..It is pretty bad when the company you are doing the work for doesn't know which satellite they broadcast from...I do believe it is Galaxy 25...but they are not shown on Lyngsat...that is where the problem lies...

thanks for your reply

Interesting set of responses you got there. :)
There are several sats with digital music, but I'm not sure which ones are the DMX you're looking for, but since they said G25, I don't know what service it is, but there is some digital music on G19, which is where G25 used to be. Ie they may still be using the old sat name. It's on one of those transponders with the foreign channels. You might check on Lyngsat to see if that's what you're looking for.

Residential Music Service | Bigital Broadcast Satellite Music Channels

"DMX Residential Service

Bring the Excitement Home

DMX is pleased to provide residential music service through digital cable systems around the globe, featuring a full 45 digital-quality audio channels for every listener in the house.
Ease of access

A single, space-efficient receiver gets all 45 digital audio channels, including legendary DMX Latin programming.
Minimal bandwidth

All 45 channels occupy less than 6.5Mbs, preserving your valuable bandwidth for other programming.
C-band reliability

The new service is available from Galaxy 11 C-Band, transponder 13, to enhance service reliability."

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/galaxy11_c.html

Interesting to say the least..It is pretty bad when the company you are doing the work for doesn't know which satellite they broadcast from...I do believe it is Galaxy 25...but they are not shown on Lyngsat...that is where the problem lies...

thanks for your reply

You might be right about G25.
I googled and found DMX Music Satellite Reception Technical Info which indicates G26, which is the location where G25 currently is located.
There is a signal there at the freq they mention, with an approximately 20,000 SR, but I not currently set up to determine SRs on Ku without changing cables, and I don't have my blind scan hooked up either. Maybe someone can check it out. But it does sound like that's a possible location.

EDIT: I switched coax connections, and determined that the SR of the signal at the location mentioned in the above url was 20160 .
I tried to lock this in DVB-S, DVB-S2, DCII, Turbo-qpsk,Turbo-8PSK, and DSS modes, but couldn't get it to lock. With the various FEC, pilot variations, I probably tried 20+ different combinations. So this must be a proprietary mode, or my signal isn't strong enough to lock, although it looked fairly strong.

Last edited:

Galaxy

1999 December 22 -
Galaxy 11. Spacecraft: HS 702 . Mass: 4,484 kg (9,885 lb). Launch Site: Kourou. Launch Vehicle: Ariane. Communications satellite. Third Ariane launch within three weeks. First Hughes HS 702 bus satellite, for PanAmSat Corporation to expand video and telecommunications services to North America and Brazil. The 20-watt C-band transponders will be used primarily for cable television customers. The Ku-band payload offers two power levels: 140 watts for video distribution, and 75 watts for data networks and other general communications services. This gives Galaxy 11 a total payload of 64 active transponders. Positioned in geosynchronous orbit at 99 deg W in 2000. As of 4 September 2001 located at 91.01 deg W drifting at 0.010 deg W per day. As of 2007 Mar 11 located at 91.01W drifting at 0.008W degrees per day.

LoTech , Galaxy 11 was moved, Galaxy 17 is the spacecraft occupying 91W now. I don't recall reading about it being moved around the world, but that looks like what happened. G11 IS at 32E according to lyngsat chart now.

I apologize for the confusion, OP. Ok, I take it that you are being asked to do a service call on a DMX music installation.

It's really poor that the people paying you apparently can not assist with technical support to help you do the job...

If I was in such a situation, would go to the people paying for the DMX subscription and find out who their contacts are...

What kind of receiver is being used? What kind of signal meter or spectrum analyzer are you using?

If DMX support is unwilling or unable to help, there are bigger problems than what you are having...

Last edited:
And I apologize as well. Had you posted more about your situation in the first post I am sure you would have got different answers. The problem is that it is not listed on lyngsat so going by site rules we can't post the cordinates in the open forum.....loose lips sink ships.

Thank you people for all your responses...appoligies accepted and I too appoligize for not explaining my self properly..(also fogive my spelling)...I have a Super buddy ..and I believe it has the corridnates for DMX...just needed the sat name to punch in...This is really going to be one screwed up call....the manager quit and rioped all the wiring out..I probably can get all the info I need when I get there ..as I said before the center did not want to connect me with sat support unless I was in the feild...was just tryin to get ahead of the game..
I will update on what happens when I get there on the 16th.

Again thanks for all the help
I will try to be more visibale here
trikydiky

Status
Please reply by conversation.