DMX741 C/KU LNB mod to fix drifting Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did a similar thing to the shims. Years ago, on my BSC621, I played around with the distances between Ku and C using motherboard stand-offs. They threaded right in. Not nearly as adjustable as your shims Magic, but I had several different heights to try. It worked ok, but not great and I shelved it too. Then, last year I bought the new Titanium dual C/Ku and tried it on my 7.5' and was also missing Vertical polarity. I shelved it again. The Ku I did get couldn't hold a light to the great Ku performance of my current setup of Ku in the center and C band as offset.

Having said that - I still want a combo setup if possible and still want to make a sliding mount for the Ku into the back of the C.

I still want a combo setup if possible and still want to make a sliding mount for the Ku into the back of the C.
I thought about that and decided that would be the best thing. And then I was digging around for some parts and came across a piece of KU wave guide with a collet on it. Perfect!! One C/Ku LNBF with tunable Ku section coming up.
CKUplltuner 004.JPG CKUplltuner 012.JPG CKUplltuner 018.JPG CKUplltuner 010.JPG CKUplltuner 015.JPG

Update! Weather was permitting today so I climbed up to the dish and tried the combo unit out. It hardly works at all on Ku now and just horizontal frequencies. I'm beginning to understand some of the physics involved here ;) and also the fact I don't really have a clue as to what I'm doing. If I got anything to work it would be due to blind stupid luck. LOL

Reactions: Titanium
I found a whole discussion about this on Fridge from a Google search.
http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=19324#axzz4AFGyLRMF

I'm going to take a another shot at it this summer using my BSC 621 as the main donor.
I'm getting everything in Ku right now, but my Cband could be a little better than the current sidecar.

It's probably futile, but that's what makes this a hobby!

Reactions: KE4EST
I've kinda backed off on my project for a bit. I've got a DMX741s and an NS741u that need new Standard LO Ku ends on'em, but, there's a MAJOR difference in those two LNBFs so it won't be "one size fits all".

Right now I'm dealing with some fairly serious health issues and don't have much interest in the project right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it in a month or so once I can get my head on straight again. Getting old sucks, but it's better than the alternative!

Wow this is a great thread!

I have been searching all over google and missed this one. (found it by searching "slimline ku 125w")

Anyone done anything else?

Magic Static Love your #62 post!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)