DMX741U & DMX741 Quad Polar C & Ku Band LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice,

Kinda sucks that I'm just reading this now. I was out of the country for 3 weeks and would have totally sent you my scalar ring for some testing :)

While I know that this LNB is more geared for prime focus, I would like to see some comparison btw a BSC621, Eagle Aspen B1, Geosat C/ku, and the DMX741 on a 1.2m offset with a conical scalar ring.

Every Q pt counts on a mini-bud :)

On a side note, it would be nice to see someone produce an LNB like this that is either bandstacked or has dual outputs for each band

side note? no, main note!

Every Q pt counts on a mini-bud :)

On a side note, it would be nice to see someone produce an LNB like this that is either bandstacked or has dual outputs for each band

Yes. :cool:

and, HELL YES ! - :up
One output is a nice toy.
Bandstacked or dual outputs moves it to the serious category.
Especially useful for anyone looking at multiple family members.

Ice,

Kinda sucks that I'm just reading this now. I was out of the country for 3 weeks and would have totally sent you my scalar ring for some testing :)

no problem. The dish hasnt been put up yet. I had a 3 part project that needed to get done first before I ripped apart my setup and rewire it....only to find out that part 1 didnt work right so therefore part 2 gets changed ;)

I have one of the kits coming too :)

I just took delivery of a DMX741U today. I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and found that it did not contain any documentation. Luckily, I have been trying to keep up on all the discussions about it that have been going on for the past few days. The other thing that was missing was the dielectric plate. Even though I currently have no use for it doesn't mean that I wouldn't want it to play with at a later date.

I was able to replace the old bsc621 with the new DMX741U before it got dark tonight. I still have not had time to play with it. As soon as I get everything working I will be sure to let folks know how well it performs.

I just took delivery of a DMX741U today. I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and found that it did not contain any documentation. Luckily, I have been trying to keep up on all the discussions about it that have been going on for the past few days. The other thing that was missing was the dielectric plate. Even though I currently have no use for it doesn't mean that I wouldn't want it to play with at a later date.

I was able to replace the old bsc621 with the new DMX741U before it got dark tonight. I still have not had time to play with it. As soon as I get everything working I will be sure to let folks know how well it performs.

i got my dx741u on monday. same thing. no instructions. after specifically ordering the conical scalar and 741 seperately so id get the dielectric plate, it still wasnt included. robby was quick to reply to my emails when i was threatening to refuse delivery because of 47.67 in brokerage fees. now that ive taken delivery he doesnt seem to want to answer my emails. all in all the 741 and conical scalar cost this canuck about 180 dollars and i didnt get everything i expected. instead of sending free stuff to a couple of forum members, wsi might wanna include the pieces their website lists. im not the only one missing the plate.

Dielectric Plates

Hi,

We had some LNBF's, DMX241, DMX741, and the DMX741U that were missing the dielectric plates from the factory due to circumstances beyond our control. Since we found out, we have sold out of all the ones with the dielectric plates and have some dielectric plates coming in on our next container which should be here in just about 2 or 3 weeks. I personally, and I know my staff as well have promised to send anybody who ordered the C and CKU LNBFs the dielectric plate free of any charge. I truely appologize for this and will ship them as soon as they reach the warehouse.

i got my dx741u on monday. same thing. no instructions. after specifically ordering the conical scalar and 741 seperately so id get the dielectric plate, it still wasnt included. robby was quick to reply to my emails when i was threatening to refuse delivery because of 47.67 in brokerage fees. now that ive taken delivery he doesnt seem to want to answer my emails. all in all the 741 and conical scalar cost this canuck about 180 dollars and i didnt get everything i expected. instead of sending free stuff to a couple of forum members, wsi might wanna include the pieces their website lists. im not the only one missing the plate.

I had sent an email yesterday at 2:04PM explaining the situation above and also had a chance to go in the back and after about 35mins of digging up things finally found 1pc to send, which is on its way, that was explained in the email as well.

I'd like to publicly appologize as I also did in the email yesterday. I really wish that this did not happen, but I personally had no control over it. We will have them back in in just a couple of weeks and will send them out to anybody else missing one.

As far as the instruction goes, we are working on it as I'm typing this. The reason it was not ready is because this is a brand new product. I will post the manual both here and on our sites as soon as it's finalized, which should be within the next day or so.

Again, I'd like to appologize for any inconvinience and hope that you can accept it.

Please feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks.

Hi,

We had some LNBF's, DMX241, DMX741, and the DMX741U that were missing the dielectric plates from the factory due to circumstances beyond our control. Since we found out, we have sold out of all the ones with the dielectric plates and have some dielectric plates coming in on our next container which should be here in just about 2 or 3 weeks. I personally, and I know my staff as well have promised to send anybody who ordered the C and CKU LNBFs the dielectric plate free of any charge. I truely appologize for this and will ship them as soon as they reach the warehouse.

I had sent an email yesterday at 2:04PM explaining the situation above and also had a chance to go in the back and after about 35mins of digging up things finally found 1pc to send, which is on its way, that was explained in the email as well.

I'd like to publicly appologize as I also did in the email yesterday. I really wish that this did not happen, but I personally had no control over it. We will have them back in in just a couple of weeks and will send them out to anybody else missing one.

As far as the instruction goes, we are working on it as I'm typing this. The reason it was not ready is because this is a brand new product. I will post the manual both here and on our sites as soon as it's finalized, which should be within the next day or so.

Again, I'd like to appologize for any inconvinience and hope that you can accept it.

Please feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks.

thanks robbie. even tho not 100% smooth. you have been the most personal online shopping experience ive had. email reply sent. hope you have the other stuff im after. thanks again.

Hi,

We had some LNBF's, DMX241, DMX741, and the DMX741U that were missing the dielectric plates from the factory due to circumstances beyond our control. .....

Thanks.

Thanks for the update and the reply on the LNBF's. I would also like to say that so far the 741U has been great. Works much better that the old 621 that I took out.:D

Thanks for the update and the reply on the LNBF's. I would also like to say that so far the 741U has been great. Works much better that the old 621 that I took out.:D
Mine should be arriving anytime soon!!:)

DMX741 Instructions Manual

Hey Guys, Been reading this forum tonight and got all caught up. I have a couple of BUDs' I've been saving for such a refurbishment project. Unfortunately, been too busy with work and moving to do so. I have been eye'ing these new "fangled" combined C-Ku band LNBf's for some time. I'm surprised no instructions were sent along with the DMX741... I found the link to the manual on WSI's site, if you guys want to read it/download it.

hxxp://www.wsidigital.com/dmx-lnb/DMX741%20INSTALL%20MANUAL.pdf

Hope this helps!

DMX741 and 4dtv

Got one of these and hooked it up to a 7.5 foot and 920 4dtv.

Notes about the install instruction:

Instructions say to use the the separate outputs for C and KU with a
4DTV....Correct. However, since there is nothing worth seeing on the
KU side with a 4DTV, it is probably simpler to let your FTA receiver control the
KU side directly and run that cable only to your FTA receiver (or Diseq switch etc). No high freq splitter required then = less signal loss.

It also says to connect the port marked LNB on the switch section to the C input on the receiver. Incorrect. The C band output is the left port marked
RCV in ALL cases. Connecting the LNB labeled port to the 4dtv resulted in very low signal levels. connecting to the RCV port resulted in normal signal levels.

Also, the 4DTV will require you to mark the feed as Rotated 90 degrees in the
dish setup page, if you align the feed to the dish polar axis, as the instructions say. Apparently the 4DTV 920 sends the wrong polarity voltage as I have two 920s and both required the rotation to get the correct transponder/channel signals when scanning the feeds.

Performance on C band was outstanding and blew away an ADL Precision C/KU feed (co-rotor clone RP3). With the 741 the Denver Mux on AMC1 (103W) had signal 90 and quality 27, with the ADL the signal was 90 and Quality 13. Frankly, this surprised me quite a bit, so I changed the LNB on the ADL feed to a different one and tried again. The result was slightly better, but the ADL was not able to get above quality 20. On a 920 a quality reading above 15 is sufficient to lock a signal although any change means it will drop out. At 27 a solid picture is locked.

I have a Cal AMP RP3 feed I'm going to try but I'm impressed with the DMX741 so far. When I tried it on my 8.5 Orbitron on KU on 123W the signal went up on the feeds there from 40 signal to 55. That is versus the CoRotor 2 on that dish. FTAs tried were a viewsat 2000 and a TT3200 pc card.

DMX741U - What am I doing wrong?

Hmm -
I've hooked my DMX741U to a 7.5' Unimesh dish, and a Uniden Ultra (C-band) receiver to control it, and the Ku output connected directly to a SonicView 4000 (DVB) receiver.

I've set the Uniden LNB's to: C-band (Std),
Ku (std) and

switch (Std)

I get a strong signal through a signal meter.. but when I tuned it in to the Shepherd Channel and Disney Feeds (analog) on Galaxy 16 (g4?) at 99W, and fine tuned the LNBF. But in scanning the heavens:

(BTW - I'm receiving most of the Clarke Belt, no problem, as per out-board signal meter)

1) I can't seem to get a signal better than 74 (and Q is ZERO) on the Ku Band, on the Sonicview, and,

2) I can't get any channels during scans of various Ku satellites (Q is Zero)

LNBf is "Zero'd" close to 12 O'clock position. I've pulled out the DMX741u and/or rotated, as instructed to get the best signals, as evident by the Clear pictures on ch 16 (Shepherd channel) & DISNEY card on 17 on the G4 satellite. But it doesn't seem to affect Ku signals Quality. Dish and LNBf Aiming towards DISH, was checked early on.

BTw.. numbers on LNB scale are terrible. My Focal point ratio is 3.75 and I got a better signal strength pulling out past "4.0".

Pardon if I posted this to the wrong place... I was in a bit of a hurry :)

Last edited:
LNBf is "Zero'd" close to 12 O'clock position.
Be sure you are on your True South Sat, even better is to pop the Feed Cap off and see if the 1/4" Isolation Bar is horizontal.

Best to start tweaking on Digital C Band, then move to Ku.
Pick a Sat the has both C and Ku.

could this be it?

I've hooked my DMX741U to a 7.5' Unimesh dish, and a Uniden Ultra (C-band) receiver to control it, and the Ku output connected directly to a SonicView 4000 (DVB) receiver.

I've set the Uniden LNB's to: C-band (Std),
Ku (std) and

switch (Std)

I get a strong signal through a signal meter.. but when I tuned it in to the Shepherd Channel and Disney Feeds (analog) on Galaxy 16 (g4?) at 99W, and fine tuned the LNBF. But in scanning the heavens:

1) I can't seem to get a signal better than 74 (and Q is ZERO) on the Ku Band, on the Sonicview, and,

2) I can't get any channels during scans of various Ku satellites (Q is Zero)

LNBf is "Zero'd" close to 12 O'clock position. I've pulled out the DMX741u ....
Do you have the LO set correctly for a Universal Ku LNB ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts