DMX741U & DMX741 Quad Polar C & Ku Band LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg, the statement was not made towards or ment to be offensive towards any one person or people. If you took it the wrong way, I appologize. I am glad to hear that you are honest about reviews and are here for the right reason.

I guess I misread it wrong and I apologize. Have a lot going on in the old noggin so sometimes I can react wrong. (done that a few times this week already) ;)
We're all good

As a token of my appreciation, your hard work and dedication to this forum and being so informative and willing to help others, I will take care of your request for a 1.2m offset dish. I will send you one of our WS1247 120cm offset dish with polar mount free of charge and with all shipping and handling paid.

I think I speak for everybody here when I say thank you for everything you do. Your hard work is appreciated not only by me, but I'm sure by every member. :up

Thank You
:clap​

Now I'm going to get out of here before I start giving away the whole warehouse.
:eek: oh my :eek: I seriously don't know what to say other than Thank You. I said it in a tongue-in-cheek moment when Walrus mentioned it. I didnt think someone would just send me a 1.2m dish to do some testing on with both C & Ku Band. I'm going t need a bigger deck soon (or maybe a different house) :D

Don't worry. What ever I can do to contribute to a fun forum, and for everybodys knowledge about any equipment (competitors, or not), and your testing pleasure (up to a certain point :D , I mean, I'm not going to give you a larger house or anything like that...).

test environment:

Don't worry. What ever I can do to contribute to a fun forum, and for everybodys knowledge about any equipment (competitors, or not), and your testing pleasure (up to a certain point :D , I mean, I'm not going to give you a larger house or anything like that...).
....hrmmm..... okay, so now we've got it narrowed down to somewhere between a 1.2m dish, and a small house, huh?
Suppose I could get a car or light truck ? :rolleyes:
I'd settle for a riding mower. - :D
Naw, make it a big motor scooter. - ;) - no preference on color. - :)

Don't know if you've been keeping up with the forum, but it's generally accepted that good C-band on a small offset dish requires a conical scalar.
(As I suggested earlier, the Ku performance probably won't be affected.)
So, if you are expecting impressive results, please supply the scalars to all 1.2m dish testers.
Even one that's "close" would be better than a flat scalar.

Also, unless there is argument to the contrary, I'd recommend the Standard model, not the Universal.

....hrmmm..... okay, so now we've got it narrowed down to somewhere between a 1.2m dish, and a small house, huh?
Suppose I could get a car or light truck ? :rolleyes:
I'd settle for a riding mower. - :D
Naw, make it a big motor scooter. - ;) - no preference on color. - :)

Don't know if you've been keeping up with the forum, but it's generally accepted that good C-band on a small offset dish requires a conical scalar.
(As I suggested earlier, the Ku performance probably won't be affected.)
So, if you are expecting impressive results, please supply the scalars to all 1.2m dish testers.
Even one that's "close" would be better than a flat scalar.

Also, unless there is argument to the contrary, I'd recommend the Standard model, not the Universal.
I agreee with Anole, but on the issue of Standard Vs Universal LNB. I didn't both should be offered to the customer, this way each user buys according to his orher needs.

BTW, what do i get for making the initial call to Galaxy-Marketing and starting this wonderful thread? :rolleyes:

"Wouldn't it be nice if someone sold conical scalar rings
then we wouldn't have to make ones like this....... " (See attached pictures :rolleyes:)

If I was not so busy I would have commented on the other thread (Sadoun, SatelliteAV & GoSatellite) about conical scalar rings.

If I have time later on today I might try to make a better scalar "mess".

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 267
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 224

we'll just have to move some stuff around on the deck ;)

by the way...how tall is the floor mast that comes with it? It didnt show in the specs :)

I still am in shock that I'm getting a 1.2 m dish. Now I can see what C-Band I can pick up with it and also check out rain fade on KU :D

Hey Iceberg!!!!

":eek: oh my :eek: I seriously don't know what to say other than Thank You. I said it in a tongue-in-cheek moment when Walrus mentioned it. I didnt think someone would just send me a 1.2m dish to do some testing on with both C & Ku Band. I'm going t need a bigger deck soon (or maybe a different house)!"

Now that you have a 1.2 meter dish we need to make sure you have all the various models of LNBs to test! You'll also need a conical scalar for that offset dish!

This should keep you busy, changing out all those LNBs on the BUD and 1.2 meter.

Actually if you are able to make direct comparisions between all brands of LNBs it would be benificial for all of us. We will have to make you our official LNB tester! :D

Should be receiving a DMX741 today.
The DMX741 will replace a BSC621.
Someone want to post a few TPs for a before and after comparison?

I am very flattered to be chosen as a tester for this LNBF. WSIATLANTA is sending me a DMX741 for testing and review.

I should see it sometime next week, and I am looking forward to the challenge. :cool:

OK, got the DMX741 in my hands...
Looks exactly the same as the BSC621
It has f/d and Polarity markings
The Feedhorn Cap is better fitting, fits tightly on the inside vs. the outside on the BSC621
It also feels a little heavier, it seems a little more ridged, thicker steel.

It was missing the Di-electric plate for Circular signals.
hint, hint - better start checking all the boxes.

So far, so good.
C Band performs well, as expected.
Ku performs well too, little better than the BSC621.
The one Big Difference was the LPBS signal jumped way up, from about Q72 to Q78

Been running for a couple days, everything seems good.
There is just an overall improvement from the BSC621.
Still amazed at the increase in Quality on Ku DVB-S2 TPs.
LPBS went from Q72 max to Q83 max, still dips a little at night to Q75
Also the NBC Ku DVB-S2 went from Q72 (Q70 min to play) to Q78.
I am only getting one of the two TPs, I am not readjusting the Skew.

LPBS went from Q72 max to Q83 max, still dips a little at night to Q75
I wish I could keep LPBS alive after dark. Tried last night and nothing yet this morning its working just fine.

Also the NBC Ku DVB-S2 went from Q72 (Q70 min to play) to Q78.
I am only getting one of the two TPs, I am not readjusting the Skew.

agreed ;)

I wish I could keep LPBS alive after dark. Tried last night and nothing yet this morning its working just fine.
Have you tried leaving the channels on / locked, and check into the evening?

I did, before I added the DMX741, and it would hold until you changed the channel / TP, then it was gone. But the DMX741 seems to hold it. I was out late last night, checked it at 2am - Q78.

Have you tried leaving the channels on / locked, and check into the evening?

I did, before I added the DMX741, and it would hold until you changed the channel / TP, then it was gone. But the DMX741 seems to hold it. I was out late last night, checked it at 2am - Q78.

yep. As it gets later in the day the signal starts going down. Right now on the 8000 its at 72 but later today it will start dropping to 45 then 40 then gone. Noticed yesterday around 5:00 it was at 50 quality and at 8:00 it was gone

I still am in shock that I'm getting a 1.2 m dish. Now I can see what C-Band I can pick up with it and also check out rain fade on KU :D

well I got me a call from the company that is delivering it wanting to know what day they can deliver it.

Told them tomorrow :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)