DN general setup help needed

shovelracer

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
First I would like to say hello. I am new so bear with me. I do have a basic understanding of whats going on and learn fast so comment appropriately.

I am renovating my home and running cat 5e network, phone, and coax tv to each room. I currently have 4 rooms in need of TV. 2 now 2 later. I have a media center in the middle of the house. Everything stars out from this point to each room. I currently have 1 coax 6 line to each room. I have 1 line coming into the center from the street for cable, and one line coming in from an old DN 300 dish on the roof.

I can run as many more lines as I need to. I would like to run a single reciever in each room, but would like to wire for future technology as well. Aside from general suggestions needed I have 2 questions:

Do I need 1 line coming from the satellite for each reciever? Or can I split the incoming in the media box?

I plan on using DN for now. basic + 200 channels. In the future I would like HD. I currently have 2 new 311 recievers and the old 300 dish with a one line/ two filter LNB. What do I need to get going now, and what should I get to go now and also be ready for future use?

Thanks in advance.

do as many as you can afford you cant go wrong more is better. i have 4 coax 1 phone 1 Ethernet to each wall plate 2 plates per room/ also on top of that 10 coax in attic for future use.

since you plan on doing HD eventually... run 5 coax into your media box. (4 for satellites, 1 for OTA) then I would do 2 coax and 2 cat6 to each wall plate. That should pretty much cover you for a while.

If you are concerned about future upgrades... run smurf tubing to all rooms. That way you can pull more wiring later if needed

Upgrade from Dish 500 & 625 to 722 & which dish?

CC disappeared on my HD Set w/722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)