Do I need a landline phone to setup DTV HD DVR service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wope

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Louisiana
Sorry, I have searched around and cannot find a concrete, up-to-date answer. I'm interested in switching to DTV, and will need (1) HD DVR box, and (1) HD box. I'm not interested in PPV or the sport season packages. Do I need to have a landline? This is a deal breaker if so. I do not have a landline and even if I did, there is no phone jack anywhere near my TVs. I also saw some websites claiming that you may be charged a monthly fee if you do not hook it up to a phone line. Others say you absolutely need it when your service is first installed, for activation.

Could anyone please clarify? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sorry, I have searched around and cannot find a concrete, up-to-date answer. I'm interested in switching to DTV, and will need (1) HD DVR box, and (1) HD box. I'm not interested in PPV or the sport season packages. Do I need to have a landline? This is a deal breaker if so. I do not have a landline and even if I did, there is no phone jack anywhere near my TVs. I also saw some websites claiming that you may be charged a monthly fee if you do not hook it up to a phone line. Others say you absolutely need it when your service is first installed, for activation.

Could anyone please clarify? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Don't need a phone line for installation, just tell the installer when he gets there that you don't have a land line and he'll let them know when he sets it up.

The posts you saw about charging a monthly fee were talking about DISH Network, not D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)