Do I need a landline phone to setup DTV HD DVR service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wope

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Louisiana
Sorry, I have searched around and cannot find a concrete, up-to-date answer. I'm interested in switching to DTV, and will need (1) HD DVR box, and (1) HD box. I'm not interested in PPV or the sport season packages. Do I need to have a landline? This is a deal breaker if so. I do not have a landline and even if I did, there is no phone jack anywhere near my TVs. I also saw some websites claiming that you may be charged a monthly fee if you do not hook it up to a phone line. Others say you absolutely need it when your service is first installed, for activation.

Could anyone please clarify? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sorry, I have searched around and cannot find a concrete, up-to-date answer. I'm interested in switching to DTV, and will need (1) HD DVR box, and (1) HD box. I'm not interested in PPV or the sport season packages. Do I need to have a landline? This is a deal breaker if so. I do not have a landline and even if I did, there is no phone jack anywhere near my TVs. I also saw some websites claiming that you may be charged a monthly fee if you do not hook it up to a phone line. Others say you absolutely need it when your service is first installed, for activation.

Could anyone please clarify? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Don't need a phone line for installation, just tell the installer when he gets there that you don't have a land line and he'll let them know when he sets it up.

The posts you saw about charging a monthly fee were talking about DISH Network, not D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts