Do I need to do a re-set for W5?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
May I enter this discussion? I also tried to program in W5 and even with my days of looking for how to do it and recording the settings on all my satellites, I also went over limits. Not certain how since there are limit switches on the dish. Anyway, the bracket that the arm attaches to broke. It was welded back on tonight, but the signal won't transmit from my receiver to the dish and the dish won't move. In other words, there is no little click, click, click - what I wouldn't give to hear that sound.

I programmed in G1 at 5000 (previously it was at 5450), and it says 5001 has reached its limit, but physically the dish is not at its limit.

We have no C-band repair in our county - am on my own. Help, HELP.

there are several things that could have happened

when the bracket broke did you have to put the upper part of the arm (of the actuator) back on.

if i overextend my actuator arm, the upper arm seperates from the lower ( enough to loose contact with the screw drive) then if my bracket broke my motor would fall to the ground ( only held by wires) so it could be possible that some of the wires were pulled loose. so checking those would be a good start. also check for good connections at the receiver.

pictures help a lot..... but thats the basic information.
if those don't help come back and we will try others :)
good luck

Last edited:
Well wanted to give you a update we try ed it and moved it a bit but the actuator arm die
I don't know what I did to kill the arm being its only a year old

I noticed that the motor runs but the magnet inside dose not move at all
could there be a chance that I some how broke the worm screw?

Check the arm and did not look or feel seized one thing was not right was the U clamp
was in the wrong place and move that back there where it belongs

All in all if I mess up the arm will have to get a new one

Thanks guys for your help and now I know batter next time lol

pulse I like this forum you guys are the best

Rather than breaking the screw, the fibre nut may have failed. I just read a thread on that this AM. some one on here with faster connection can point it out to you... that is if you do not find it first. The arm can come apart and be grease / repaired and put back together. I wish we were a whole lot closer, I would like to meet you two! And have fun playing with the arm to get it fixed, but .... Some of the more experienced members can help you get it back working.
My thought, leave the arm off, get a long piece of 5/8th all thread and set the dish to the satellite you want, and lock it down. Then you can get the W5 set up you need -- have success -- then go back and get the arm repaired as you have time, with the joy of success behind you.
I had a saying (47) years ago, "Remember, you want to dig a hole, not just use a shovel!" That statement meant, get the back hoe out, if the ground was too rocky to hand dig.

SO, remember, you want W5, not just auto move the dish!

ENJOY. You can do it!
POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The best c-band lnb?

News & Views Monthly Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts