Do I plan to get the Verizon iPhone?

Pick one

• I have an AT&T iphone and will switch to Verizon ASAP

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I have an iphone but will stay with AT&T

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I will switch to Verizon iphone when iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Verizon now and will get the iphone4 when it comes out.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I am on Verizon now and wait until my contract allows or will wait until iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm on Verizon now and don't want any stinking iphone.

• I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will switch to Verizon to get the iphone ASAP.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will wait for the iphone5 to switch to Verizon.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm on another carrier besides Verizon and don't care about the iphone. Happy with what I have now.

• Total voters
Impressive speed test results. You really do seem to be in an exceptional area. Wish I could get that consistently.

What it does, it does well, and thats what most people want.
I am not saying it doesnt have flaws, every phone does.

Bingo we have a winner. The iPhone IMO is not the best phone out there, but it is the best MP3 player and does a pretty good job on the application side as well. The MP3 player is what pushes me and keeps me with the iPhone. There is still nothing on the market that keeps up with the iPod or iTouch in this market.

Sprint 3G, in the exact same area where I took the AT&T speed test I posted above. I have hit about 750Kb Up before, but to keep it fair I'm posting this speedtest result as like I said it was literally taken in the exact same spot as the above one, around the corner from a billboard proclaiming AT&T as Buffalo's Fastest 3G Network. Typical result is 2.1-2.2 Mb Down/650Kb-750Kb Up with a ping of ~110ms. Completely smokes AT&T, both in my area and yours.

10822269.png

Here is my best speed test on AT&T. Not to shabby for a 3G speed test. I can't wait to see what their HSPA+ network will be like.

75600932.png

Here is more of the average that I receive. Tried to pull a new one right now but it was also around 5MB.

84492744.png

Ask and ye shall receiver.

Sprint 3G, in the exact same area where I took the AT&T speed test I posted above. I have hit about 750Kb Up before, but to keep it fair I'm posting this speedtest result as like I said it was literally taken in the exact same spot as the above one, around the corner from a billboard proclaiming AT&T as Buffalo's Fastest 3G Network. Typical result is 2.1-2.2 Mb Down/650Kb-750Kb Up with a ping of ~110ms. Completely smokes AT&T, both in my area and yours.

10822269.png

This is a speedtest taken next door in Rochester on 4G. It's my best result, Download speed is typically 10.75-11.50Mb, Upload has been as high as 1.17Mb and that's the best ping I've ever had on any wireless speedtest ever.

16909338.png
I knew 4G would be faster. 3G is about what I can get at times with ATT over here. Sprint and Verizon 3G here is much slower.

That 4G speed is as fast as I get on most WiFi networks...Impressive. Can't wait until ATT gets their 3G+ in my area

Here is my best speed test on AT&T. Not to shabby for a 3G speed test. I can't wait to see what their HSPA+ network will be like.

75600932.png

Here is more of the average that I receive. Tried to pull a new one right now but it was also around 5MB.

84492744.png
You guys are using the old Speedtest.net App. There is a newer version

Bingo we have a winner. The iPhone IMO is not the best phone out there, but it is the best MP3 player and does a pretty good job on the application side as well. The MP3 player is what pushes me and keeps me with the iPhone. There is still nothing on the market that keeps up with the iPod or iTouch in this market.

i thought the ipod used a proprietary format, not mp3's. dont oyu have to import the mp3's into itunes then sync to the ipd, vs just copying to an mp3 player?

DodgerKing said:
You guys are using the old Speedtest.net App. There is a newer version

I have the new version. This is just the image they keep of the test on their servers.

mdram said:
i thought the ipod used a proprietary format, not mp3's. dont oyu have to import the mp3's into itunes then sync to the ipd, vs just copying to an mp3 player?

Yes it does support mp3's. The only one that it doesn't support that most people might use is the protected Microsoft format. You do have to use iTunes but that is ok. Much easier to manage IMO.

Yes it does support mp3's. The only one that it doesn't support that most people might use is the protected Microsoft format. You do have to use iTunes but that is ok. Much easier to manage IMO.

so i still have to import my songs into itunes. why cant i just rip my cds and copy em to the player?

mdram said:
so i still have to import my songs into itunes. why cant i just rip my cds and copy em to the player?

Why not just rip with iTunes? You still have 2 steps no matter what.

That is another thing I with iTunes did better, homenetworking. I have to have a copy of every song in both media center and iTunes, as iTunes is not recognized by many devices in my homenetwork

Looks like I'll be up early on Thursday to lock in one of these VzW iPhones... I qualify and have the new every two credit that's ready to be spent... UNLESS tomorrow's Google event convinces me otherwise... (Moto Droid X/2 Gingerbread in a couple days + more tempting goodies might be enough to change my mind)

I was up early, and after taking 45 minutes to realize that I needed to log in as my wife, my verizon iPhone is on order. 45 minutes into the process this morning got me a unit number around 19,000. Wonder how long it'll take for the "limited" quantity of the pre-orders to dry up....

...if I'm not mistaken, does 19,000 pre-orders in 45 minutes beat the total number of kin units sold since last april :p

I've been telling myself I wanted the iphone 4, as soon as it hits Verizon. Now I'm not so sure. I have a work crapberry. Not the greatest, but it does what I need it to. With the slower 3G speeds and
no simultaneous voice and data, I may hold out and see what happens with the iphone 5 in June. I may grab a 4g touch for now.

Last edited:
I finally decided to limp along until June with my injured Voyager.

The iphone is still tempting as we have two ipod touches and an ipad in the house. Nice to be able to purchase apps just once, but I am really leaning toward waiting 4 months and getting LTE.

well after saying I wasnt going to get it, I sat back and thought about it this whole last week, and I pre ordered it...reason being this I have all mac products and as the poster above me said, its nice to buy things just once...also several groups that I am a part of are setup for iphone access with their programs so instead of lugging the ipad with me it will be nice to just take a iphone...again all macs is seamless integration...while I dont think the iphone is the superior phone it once use to be, it makes sense for me...one other thing, no more lugging a phone and ipod to the gym...while this didnt happen everyday there were some days I would have to take both. I will miss google apps integration and navigation the android offered.

I am really leaning toward waiting 4 months and getting LTE

Don't forget, there is nothing firm that iphone5 will be LTE. Personally, I feel Apple would be stupid not to make it LTE and Verizon stupid not to have insisted on it when they negotiated the deal with Apple, but we'll have to wait and see. Guaranteed, when my new every 2 comes up in July, if iphone5 is not LTE, I'll stay put. If the Android phone of the week is LTE I will seriously look at it for my next phone ( if I can tether wifi). My wife, however when she comes up for New every 2 will be going to iphone5 in November.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts