GEOSATpro Do not disable satellite if you are set to one of its channels

Stevemo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
Back again,
Is it possible to upload the ABS file and not have it take? I tried really hard to get my old files off the machine but it was hanging regularly and after repeated attempts couldn't get past 28% so I gave up on that. The end result was that I uploaded the recent firmware and when I plugged my TV in the microHD was crashed on 111.1 which is likely the satellite it died on (the first upload went poorly as the program didn't have lzma.exe available). I uploaded the file a 2nd time successfully with lzma.exe good to go and I'm stuck on the reboot cycle still. I'd be willing to try and older firmware if that could help.
Cheers, Steve

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
If you are recovering from a cycling boot, load a new .udf, not an .abs.

If you load an .abs file to recover, user data base must be selected instead of default data base.

Stevemo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
False alarm, I neglected to see the UDF file available for download with the 2nd set of cable instructions. I uploaded that and had to use the Component cable and now the microHD is alive. Turns out the new files are left on 1080P and my CRT can only do 1080I so I'll have to keep that in mind.

Time to find out what's up there tonight.

Steve

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
When I recovered mine, I didn't want to chance reloading my old .UDF after getting it running again. I wasn't sure what happened to cause it in the first place and if my data was corrupted, I didn't want a repeat. Now I keep an updated master copy for backup just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)