Do people like DJs on music channels?

bjs188

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
I can't stand them. I listen to Flight26 on XM on the internet here at work and they have DJs. It started out being just a couple of hours but now it seems that they have extended the time they are on.

I went back to listening to MIX 22 in the car. They have seemed to get better programing and I have yet to hear a commercial.

I like the DJs on Sirius...I believe it makes it sound more like a radio station rather than just a CD or a computerized music program.

Last edited:
As long as they're not "shock jocks" and can inform you about the artists/acts they play, I feel they can be useful.

I prefer NO DJs. XM is like God's IPod. Just keep breaking out the buried treasures and let me soak it all up....

Have no problems with the DJ's on Sirius (especially Hair Nation)
(Tawn Mastery was on a station here in Mpls so its just like back then...but better music) :D

The ones that bug me are the ones who talk all the way up to the first word of the song...say the song name and shut up and play it :)

I tune in to XM to hear the music, not to hear some DJ blabbering. And I don't need them to tell me the name of the song. I can glance at my display if I want that info.

Sometimes on sirius they chat it up for a little too long. Usually it's one of the DJ's favorites. As long as it's a good band it's fine, but if it's some douche band it really sucks because you have to listen to the guy ramble about them for an extra minute or two before he plays the bad song...All it does is make you change the channel...

No DJ's would suck though...

I like the manner in which the Sirius DJ's handle things. Not to much but you know you are not listening to radio still.

dfergie said:
I miss the old Mtv V'jays (when Mtv played music) that were on Sirius (been with Xm for awhile now)
Aren't they still on Sirius? I listen to them at home on the 80's through dish.

Sorry misunderstood your post. Your with XM now.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
Have no problems with the DJ's on Sirius (especially Hair Nation)
(Tawn Mastery was on a station here in Mpls so its just like back then...but better music) :D

The ones that bug me are the ones who talk all the way up to the first word of the song...say the song name and shut up and play it :)

Hair nation? Am I the only one who sees the irony?

That's who I was talking about. Nina Blackwood tends to ramble whenever i've got that 80's channel on...The hard attack guys do too but every song brings back those memories for nina...For a while I thought she and alan and martha and the late JJ just did those 80's gigs for the money, but I think nina is still living in 1989...

Im not a fan of the dj's on sirius, theres one in the 80's station that sounds like she must be someones great grandmother.

Van said:
Im not a fan of the dj's on sirius, theres one in the 80's station that sounds like she must be someones great grandmother.

that must be Nina Blackwood :)

Hair nation? Am I the only one who sees the irony?
true :) But I grew up in the 80's (born in 75) so I was that age when most of the hair bands were big

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts