Do you have a DBS LNB on your FTA setup?

• Yes and I have a separate LNB on my dish

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Yes and I have the Invacom quad

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes and I have a separate dish

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
another simple poll

Yes and its a separate LNB on your FTA dish
Yes and I have the Invacom quad LNB
Yes and I have a separate dish for 119 (or any DBS dish but that is usually the main one)
No

Yes and I have a separate LNB on my motorized. Yes its off by 5 degrees but I can get to 148 now (couldnt with the Invacom quad) :)

Interesting! I had not thought to do that! I have 2 spare Dish lnb's from a Dish 500, I could strap one to my motoized, and then Diseqc 1.2 until I was peaked. But, can you use a Dish 500 lnb with a 4 way Diseqc or do you need a 22k? I have both available, but have a Diseqc switch in my setup as I am running universal lnbs.

Yes , but I'm setting that up as we speak.

Question I plan on using Diseqc switch, does it matter what port I use ?
Does it have to be 1 and 2 or can I use any combination as long as my setting are correct in my STB ?

Yes , but I'm setting that up as we speak.

Question I plan on using Diseqc switch, does it matter what port I use ?
Does it have to be 1 and 2 or can I use any combination as long as my setting are correct in my STB ?

doesnt matter. Just make sure your ports line up in the menus of the reciever

At one time I had
port 1 motorized
port 2 fixed dish to G10
port 3 was Nimiq1 (when they had the radio stations on it)

Interesting! I had not thought to do that! I have 2 spare Dish lnb's from a Dish 500, I could strap one to my motoized, and then Diseqc 1.2 until I was peaked. But, can you use a Dish 500 lnb with a 4 way Diseqc or do you need a 22k? I have both available, but have a Diseqc switch in my setup as I am running universal lnbs.

you can run a separate dish if you want. I know a few members have a fixed dish at 119 for the audio & Nasa. You can use the 4x1 diseqc switch and set it the diseqc ports as such :)

as for the offset LNB for DBS, if you put it on the LEFT side of the KU LNB (from behind the dish) add 5 degrees or so. If on the right, then subract. When I am on 74 and I want to see what's on Nimiq2 at 82, the dish barely moves :)

I voted: "Yes and I have the Invacom quad". I actually have two of these excellent lnbf's, one on each of my 1.2m dishes. But, I rarely look at, much less use the Circular side. Usually when someone (in the WUT forum) reports an ITC find, I'll take a look (sometimes). What I like most is the dual 0.3db linear side of this lnbf. Most dual lnbf's have an 0.5db or worse.

Al

THANKS ICE! For some reason I didn't think I could use a Diseqc. I will have to zip tie a Dish LNB on my motor setup and see what I get :)

Larry
When I had a Universal LNB that is exactly how I had mine hooked up
Port 1 was the KU Band
port 2 was DBS

No. But thinking about it.

I have a fixed 90cm on AMC4. So, if I replaced the LNB with the Invacom Quad, I could feed my DirecTV receiver with the DBS port? I could retire my DirecTV dish? The larger FTA dish would improve my rain fade margin? Are there any disadvantages to this approach? (HD is not in my near future, so I am happy pointing at the one DirecTV bird for standard programming and locals).

I have a fixed 90cm on AMC4. So, if I replaced the LNB with the Invacom Quad, I could feed my DirecTV receiver with the DBS port? I could retire my DirecTV dish? The larger FTA dish would improve my rain fade margin? Are there any disadvantages to this approach? (HD is not in my near future, so I am happy pointing at the one DirecTV bird for standard programming and locals).

would work great for that purpose. The larger dish would help with rain fade :)

No, I've got a trash can full of single and double lnb's too. A few extra 18" dishes somewhere. I used to watch the CBC when it was available years ago with Express Vu and a Dish Network receiver at 91 degrees. When NESN became Gol TV on the Echo birds, that's when I lost interest with the DSS FTA feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts