Do You Really Get 12Mbps?

Jaeldawn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Tennessee
I have had Exede for 2 months now. I have already had them come out for service once because my internet is SO slow. I haven't gone over my usage this month at all. I actually have only used 2GB of my 10GB. Most of the time pages take FOREVER to load, and sometimes do not load at all. I have tried IE and Chrome, but both of them run just as slow. I did an internet speed test, and I get 6.91Mbps download and 1.37Mbps upload. What would be the normal upload vs download speed? Since I am paying for high speed, I want high speed. I called them and told them about it they said they can have someone out in 3 weeks to look at it. So in the meantime, while I wait for them to get out here, does anyone have any suggestions?

I have had Exede for 2 months now. I have already had them come out for service once because my internet is SO slow. I haven't gone over my usage this month at all. I actually have only used 2GB of my 10GB. Most of the time pages take FOREVER to load, and sometimes do not load at all. I have tried IE and Chrome, but both of them run just as slow. I did an internet speed test, and I get 6.91Mbps download and 1.37Mbps upload. What would be the normal upload vs download speed? Since I am paying for high speed, I want high speed. I called them and told them about it they said they can have someone out in 3 weeks to look at it. So in the meantime, while I wait for them to get out here, does anyone have any suggestions?

6.91 Mbps is High speed. It is faster than some DSL and cable plans in certain areas of the country. If satellite is your only option, be happy that they have finally started offering a decent service speed. A year ago that 6.91 Mbps would have been lower than 691 kbps.

Your speeds are acceptable. All consumer grade providers have the "up to" qualifier built into their contracts, ViaSat/Exede is no exception. But the slow page loading is not normal. Have you tried bypassing your router to see if there's any improvement?

//greg//

Sounds like your pc may have some malware.At 6.1 mbps pages should load pretty quick.That's a very good speed for internet surfing.Run multiple speedtests at different times just to rule that out.Do you have more than one pc,or a laptop?If so try them to see if pages are still crawling.

Sounds like your pc may have some malware.At 6.1 mbps pages should load pretty quick.That's a very good speed for internet surfing.Run multiple speedtests at different times just to rule that out.Do you have more than one pc,or a laptop?If so try them to see if pages are still crawling.

I only have the one computer at the moment. I did suspect malware, and have ran a few checks that came up with nothing. I did also suspect my router, and I am starting to think after all that is the culprit. I have to do some rewiring before I can confirm this, but that is what I am going to check now that I know my speeds are normal.

I only have the one computer at the moment. I did suspect malware, and have ran a few checks that came up with nothing.
Did you run Malwarebytes? Many of the other "solutions" are themselves malware
I did also suspect my router, and I am starting to think after all that is the culprit. I have to do some rewiring before I can confirm this, but that is what I am going to check now that I know my speeds are normal.
Contemplate simply rebooting your router before you get too deep into changing everything.

No i never get 12 mps i get around 20 mps consistantly and I am an installer doing two to three a day slowest conection i have seen in a long time was 16 mps ? I use testmy.net and i know these tests are prob not that accurate but i always use the same one and do it three times and average it out . As far a testing i would take your router out completely and plug your pc directly into modem and if its still slow get ahold of a different pc and test it . I bet you find its your pc not router or sattellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts